SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what are the typical radiator hose diameters Volvo uses? I may need to tap into the radiator hose on my S80 using an adapter to mount a coolant temp sending unit. Auto Meter makes radiator hose adapters for 1, 1.25, and 1.5 inch hose IDs, but I'm guessing Volvo hoses are metric.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Re: Volvo radiator hose diameters (MAC1LSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>MAC1LSR</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anybody know what are the typical radiator hose diameters Volvo uses? I may need to tap into the radiator hose on my S80 using an adapter to mount a coolant temp sending unit. Auto Meter makes radiator hose adapters for 1, 1.25, and 1.5 inch hose IDs, but I'm guessing Volvo hoses are metric.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Instead of doing that, why don't you just tap into the coolant reservoir with a waterproof thermocouple and get the temperature that way?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Volvo radiator hose diameters (vivek9856)

Reservoir coolant temp may be quite a bit lower than the coolant surrounding the engine. Also, there is no constant flow through the reservoir, so temp readings here would really lag engine temp.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Re: Volvo radiator hose diameters (Freeworld)

Or stop by any machine shop and borrow the caliper for 30 sec.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Volvo radiator hose diameters (Freeworld)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Freeworld</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Measure the circumference and then calculate the diameter...</TD></TR></TABLE><br>I'd have to guess at wall thickness then to calculate ID. Maybe I can get a number close enough to determine if it is SAE or metric.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Volvo radiator hose diameters (gascos80)

I've got a couple of calipers at home. I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Re: Volvo radiator hose diameters (MAC1LSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>MAC1LSR</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've got a couple of calipers at home. I'll give it a try.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>If so,<p>You might have an access to the coupler/nipple the OD of which should be equal to the hose ID.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts