SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
This to me is dumbfounding: "Volvo has promised to build another round of Polestar models, after the first batch sold out faster than expected."

Wasn't there a lot of hype surrounding the Polestar models after the Polestar C30 and S60 concepts? Who wasn't excited or didn't know, haters and lovers alike? I'm shocked that they're shocked. I hope they keep to their word.

·
Administrator
55,861 Posts
I think the guys over in the Polestar forum were talking about this a couple weeks back. Polestar dealers can order up to 3, these won't be numbered, and additional colors will be offered: Black Sapphire Metallic is being replaced with Onyx black, Ice White, Electric Silver and Rebel Blue. White and Silver will be new for North America.

There's some good info hiding in these forums. :)

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I think the guys over in the Polestar forum were talking about this a couple weeks back. Polestar dealers can order up to 3, these won't be numbered, and additional colors will be offered: Black Sapphire Metallic is being replaced with Onyx black, Ice White, Electric Silver and Rebel Blue. White and Silver will be new for North America.

There's some good info hiding in these forums. :)

Ah, can't see a reason not to assign a number to each of them, at least for the first 1927 cars of each model. Buyers seem to love unique number for such unique cars.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Silver and white are simply stunning!

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
S60CC Polestar?....;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
...again, why no roof rails on the Polestar V60? I ordered the Polestar V60 and then backed out when I found out there were no roof rails on top and snagged a T6 instead. Willing to have paid the extra money, not willing to lose the roof rack. The rails are teeny-tiny, barely there or noticeable and hardly worth the effort to strip off the roof. Weird.

·
Registered
339 Posts
...again, why no roof rails on the Polestar V60? I ordered the Polestar V60 and then backed out when I found out there were no roof rails on top and snagged a T6 instead. Willing to have paid the extra money, not willing to lose the roof rack. The rails are teeny-tiny, barely there or noticeable and hardly worth the effort to strip off the roof. Weird.
Back in the day on MBWorld there were always a couple guys who complained that their AMGs were not easily compatible with a trailer hitch.

I guess this is a cousin of that complaint. Volvo may have figured that 65k was too much to spend for an actual stuff hauler!

·
Registered
12,759 Posts
Smart marketing by Volvo with the first run of numbered cars and then opening it up a little more the next year. Create that sense of scarcity and don't burden all the dealers with cars that would have to be later discounted. I bet they got pretty much sticker for each of those 120 - good for them, it's a fine car.

·
Administrator
55,861 Posts
Can these be OSD ?
I asked about getting one via OSD in Passion Red and the answer was no. OSD allows a buyer to choose a color not be available in the U.S. but in other markets. Since these are limited numbers and dealership specific orders, OSD may not be an option - would be great if these were.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I asked about getting one via OSD in Passion Red and the answer was no. OSD allows a buyer to choose a color not be available in the U.S. but in other markets. Since these are limited numbers and dealership specific orders, OSD may not be an option - would be great if these were.
Amen to making these available in red. Feels like it will happen in a couple years. Hoping we are at the beginning of something big. As in, five years from now thousands of various polestar models will be sold annually.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts