SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure many have seen this:
http://www.swedespeed.com/artman2/p...s_Volvo_S60_Polestar_performance_concept.html

This sends a clear message to the Euro luxury brands!
I never believed Volvo had what it takes to actually become a real luxury brand (more of a want to be, like Lexus, Oops I didn't write that ;)) but this is just what might change my mind :p

With the poor economy affecting my buying power I'm not sure I'll keep up with Volvo but I've got to say I'm impressed :)

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I like. Need to start making the big bucks!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
That is one hot S60, I might give the wagon up for that. I wonder where it will be priced at, 65K+?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
That is one hot S60, I might give the wagon up for that. I wonder where it will be priced at, 65K+?
$65k is a low price... That would be around €51k and that is low buck for that. The power is on about C-AMG level and the car will probably be aiming for that car (C63 AMG or M3). I'd say more so C63. That begins (here in Germany) at €71k ($89k).

So I don't think a price below €65k ($82k) would be accepted. Thrus the production costs etc... Made probably by hand in Sweden...

Btw.: the S60 is here the rival of C-class, 3-series and A4.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hey Polestar, for another $20,000, can I pay you to NOT drill the rotors?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did I mentioned I already have the tires so I'm 1% way there :D

I just noticed they used the Michelins

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
"The Volvo T6 engine has been tuned to deliver a considerable increase in power and torque."

Considerable, so around a 60-70 hp increase then? That sounds decent.

"0-100 km/h 3.9s"

Wait, what?!

"Volvo T6 inline six (B6304T4)
508 hp @ 6500rpm
575Nm @ 5500rpm
Max rpm: 7100
Modified cylinder head and combustion chambers
Modified inlet manifold and air intake
Special manufactured conrods
Garret 3171 turbo
Ferrita 3.5” stainless steel exhaust system"

Hoooooly sh!t...

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"0-100 km/h 3.9s"

Wait, what?!

"Volvo T6 inline six (B6304T4)
508 hp @ 6500rpm
575Nm @ 5500rpm
Max rpm: 7100
Modified cylinder head and combustion chambers
Modified inlet manifold and air intake
Special manufactured conrods
Garret 3171 turbo
Ferrita 3.5” stainless steel exhaust system"

Hoooooly sh!t...
That's what I'm saying... no joke no more

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
If you build it they will come.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
So here is my plan pay off my car in the net 4-5 years while modding it. Keep at as a DD get a few promotions at work. Here I come s60 weekend car!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Nothing to get excited about, just another car volvo will never build. I doubt the Chinese want to go into the "luxury european supercar" direction, to risky. That market is already dominated by the Germans. Unless your super rich and approach Polestar directly for tuning, it will never happen. =(

65K would work considering a T6 R-Design fully loaded is around 46K

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
65K would work considering a T6 R-Design fully loaded is around 46K
try $52k ;)

The difference here I think is that this is not your usual dream concept sort of thing. It's a real project . . . but yes going from there to actually offering the package is an entirely different story. It's not like the Polstar C30 was ever offered . . . rather a much simpler tune option where the C30 Polestar was promoting the Polestar brand...
However the aggressiveness of the concept in my mind speaks to a strong desire from Volvo to go beyond how they are perceived as a speudo-luxury brand... Time will tell if they can actually bridge the gap with the more notorious ones...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
By the time they figure it out it will already be to late lol. They did not produce the polestar C30 because they didn't think people would go for a pricey awd hot-hatch. A year later Mercedes introduces the A45 which is, you guessed it a AWD hot-hatch.

I am begging volvo to at least release the color scheme even if it doesn't have 500hp =)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Amazing car! :p

P.S. hopefully they will make cabrio one day with the same feaures..

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Amazing car! :p

P.S. hopefully they will make cabrio one day with the same feaures..
Hooo that would nice! . . . So once you go top-less you can't go back ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts