SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course, sometimes it's the driver and not the car, but as we all know, Volvo driving dynamics are underrated in the stereotypes of small minds. :)

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Cool video but the driver needs more training in following the line. ;)

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Haha! That bimmer sure doesn't appear to have a sport suspension, and probably not the 300 hp I6 turbo. The driver doesn't appear to know how to drive it either as he/she almost loses it in a corner. At these little track day events, in most cases, it's all about the driver skill.

Advise for the Volvo driver: when you trade-in your BMW for a Volvo, you have to lose the white watch band. ;)

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
After the first 1:48 of him taking both hands off the wheel when already on the track, then adjusting the stereo when on the track, I couldn't watch anymore. Glad this looks to not be in the US based on the Speedo as we have enough poor drivers here already.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Funny video, but I wouldn't track with that group. My preference is with PCA where track safety is #1 priority. I couldn't stop counting all the violations in that video.

Still looks like Tostik had fun chasing down BMW's and trucks.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I think the driver is utilising Volvo's safety strategy to the max.
Understeer galore.
Please...the car can do way better than what you see on the video. Plus, we do not know what the suspension settings are. There is a huge difference from setting it for "soft", road use, vs track.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny video, but I wouldn't track with that group. My preference is with PCA where track safety is #1 priority. I couldn't stop counting all the violations in that video.

Still looks like Tostik had fun chasing down BMW's and trucks.
Honestly not me. The only time I've ever driven an S60 was as a rental in 2013 in Dallas. I couldn't believe my good luck when I saw that the car in my assigned parking spot was a red S60. OK, it was a base model FWD T5, but still great fun. I can't believe I didn't get a speeding ticket that week. And after a while it got boring shutting down BMWs. :)

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Oh, my apologies. I thought that was your video. Is that driver on SS?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, my apologies. I thought that was your video. Is that driver on SS?
Just stumbled across this video on YouTube. I don't know anything else about it, but I thought it would be light hearted entertainment for the boys on the Swedespeed Forum.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow, I guess I'm too old I also couldn't watch the whole thing. Can I ask how it is identified as a polestar? I see it is blue but couldn't that be a R-Design? Although I didn't notice R-Design on the steering wheel. Someone's dad is going to be mad when he see his son being careless in his new car!

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Wow, I guess I'm too old I also couldn't watch the whole thing. Can I ask how it is identified as a polestar? I see it is blue but couldn't that be a R-Design? Although I didn't notice R-Design on the steering wheel. Someone's dad is going to be mad when he see his son being careless in his new car!
Good eyes. It is definitely not a Polestar; most likely a T6 AWD or an R-design. Looks like it is in Canada since the speedo reads in km/h but looks (and sounds) like it is somewhere in North America.

Most likely a regular T6 AWD which we do not get here in the U.S. but they do get them in Canada.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Good eyes. It is definitely not a Polestar; most likely a T6 AWD or an R-design. Looks like it is in Canada since the speedo reads in km/h but looks (and sounds) like it is somewhere in North America.

Most likely a regular T6 AWD which we do not get here in the U.S. but they do get them in Canada.
It's a P*. You can catch the CF dash if you look close enough. He's driving with the ESC on, which is also why he undertsteers so much.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's in Toronto.

Here is his write up on youtube:

"July 18th, 2015- Ertefa's Track Day at Cayuga's "Toronto Motorsports Park". Took the Polestar out for a rip and chased down some BMW's.. (330i, E92 M3, and an E46 M3 that put up a good fight). FYI at this track you're only allowed to pass on the two straights.

This was my last run (out of 5) of the day and my tires and brakes were a little worn but the Polestar really surprised me with it's capabilities. Oh yeah, sorry for the music (I know you all like engine noises) but it was our last run and we just wanted to have fun.

Lots of great cars on the track and friendly people, all in all a great experience!

Recorded with a GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition in HD."

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
It's a P*. You can catch the CF dash if you look close enough. He's driving with the ESC on, which is also why he undertsteers so much.
You are right.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts