SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Volvo caught it early and notified customers.

That is what you call RESPECT for the buyers of their cars.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I was more interested in why it hadn't been posted here earlier. Good news gets posted quickly. Why do these sorts of stories not get posted by the Volvo fans here?

It is still newsworthy under this section.

It reminds me of press releases that would read something like this under a bold headline :"Volvo sees sales growth in US" (Fine print: XC90 model only, not applicable to total US sales numbers).

That story would be posted quickly! LOL.

I find the psychology of what stories people chose to post and choose to ignore on here to be very interesting.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I was more interested in why it hadn't been posted here earlier. Good news gets posted quickly. Why do these sorts of stories not get posted by the Volvo fans here?

It is still newsworthy under this section.

It reminds me of press releases that would read something like this under a bold headline :"Volvo sees sales growth in US" (Fine print: XC90 model only, not applicable to total US sales numbers).

That story would be posted quickly! LOL.

I find the psychology of what stories people chose to post and choose to ignore on here to be very interesting.
XC90 owners read the XC90 forum more often. :) There was a post earlier than this announcement so this was not new when it came out and not the focus anymore.
Feel free to post any news earlier if not posted by anyone else. I don't know why you feel others should post news asap.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
XC90 owners read the XC90 forum more often. :) There was a post earlier than this announcement so this was not new when it came out and not the focus anymore.
Feel free to post any news earlier if not posted by anyone else. I don't know why you feel others should post news asap.
I don't feel they should post news ASAP. My point is that if Volvo blew out sales record you better believe THAT information would be posted on here ASAP by those that have an interest in making sure we read it. And it usually is.

Guess it depends on where your paycheck comes from.

In press releases, sagging sales are typically called "slowing" or "stabilizing." I see this with so many companies in corporate doublespeak. There was a GM ad right after the bailout where they basically said "We let you down, we will try harder."

I loved this commercial because it was so honest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbXpV0aqEM4
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3S94yoCgHQ

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
The pause of delivery was posted on XC90 forum and discussed a lot, way earlier than the official announcement.
Maybe you just need to read that forum more often.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The pause of delivery was posted on XC90 forum and discussed a lot, way earlier than the official announcement.
Maybe you just need to read that forum more often.
You are missing my point.

Good news gets posted here quickly. Recalls apparently aren't newsworthy enough to place under "news and rumors."

I mean we get press releases about that XC90 with the baby seat up front but we don't see this.

It is interesting.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
You are missing my point.

Good news gets posted here quickly. Recalls apparently aren't newsworthy enough to place under "news and rumors."

I mean we get press releases about that XC90 with the baby seat up front but we don't see this.

It is interesting.
Because it is late news, nobody bothered to post a piece of old news.

If you are talking about the official Volvo Press Release website. It is up to Volvo what to list there. And they definitely has announced the recall to news media.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Because it is late news, nobody bothered to post a piece of old news.
They didn't post it here under news and rumors when it was new news either. "They" meaning fanboys or Volvo employees.

Some XC90s had another recall related to the front airbags. I posted that here 4 months ago. But if I scroll through 3+ months of news and rumors, I don't see this.

Pedantic? Maybe. But I am under the assumption that this section is either for great news or for sightings of cars with cladding on it. That seems to be the extent of it.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
They didn't post it when it was new news either.
Who are they? Volvo never posted anything on this website. And on this site the XC90 forum, this delivery delay was posted way earlier than the recall announcement that's why the recall is late news here the day it was announced.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Who are they? Volvo never posted anything on this website. And on this site the XC90 forum, this delivery delay was posted way earlier than the recall announcement that's why the recall is late news here the day it was announced.
I like you govolvo as I find you to be fair on your analysis but you aren't seeing my point. Have a good day.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Make your point clear then, if you find someone didn't get it. I hope you've got my point though.
The only point he seems to be making is that even though it was talked about ad nauseam in the section that it actual matters in(XC90), it should have also been talked about in the News section for some reason.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The only point he seems to be making is that even though it was talked about ad nauseam in the section that it actual matters in(XC90), it should have also been talked about in the News section for some reason.

How is it not news when this is the second recall for the XC90 in 6 months? Should those stories not be here and remain in the XC90 section only? The XC90 stories I mentioned are more than just the car. This is the model that is supposed to make Volvo relevant again. Perhaps all XC90 stories shouldn't be here and should be in the model section.

It matters in this section as much if not moreso than the XC90 section.

Look, I know this news and rumors section is for people who want to see garbage bags over S90s and fake renderings.

Does "news" in this section mean "press releases" and "overly positive coverage" of Volvo only?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
This.

If most news stories were buried in each individual model section, this news and rumors section is pointless. Like, should consistent and tanking sales of the S60s only remain in the S60 forum?

How is it not news when this is the second recall for the XC90 in 6 months? Should those stories not be here and remain in the XC90 section only? The XC90 stories I mentioned are more than just the car. This is the model that is supposed to make Volvo relevant again. Perhaps all XC90 stories shouldn't be here and should be in the model section.

Look, I know this news and rumors section is for people who want to see garbage bags over S90s and fake renderings.

Does "news" in this section mean "press releases" and "overly positive coverage" of Volvo only?
I personally see it as a section for information about upcoming models and company wide news. If it is model specific news, it should go in that model's section.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I personally see it as a section for information about upcoming models and company wide news. If it is model specific news, it should go in that model's section.
To each their own. No more stories about XC90 with one seat in the middle suited for a king and made out of gold then in this section.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
To each their own. No more stories about XC90 with one seat in the middle suited for a king and made out of gold then in this section.
Agreed. Everyone will have their own ideas of what should be where and their are no clear guidelines telling people otherwise. I personally think all of those different XC90 version announcements should have been in the XC90 section. I just check "New Posts" so I see all posts regardless of what section they are in, so it doesn't really matter to me either way. I just think this is a cleaner way of organizing things to find them later.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts

People post news and rumors here ad-hoc with a very loose principle. There is no strict regulation on what one should/shouldn't post. The recall announcement of course is news could be posted here too just that people didn't bother to post it as it was well known here already. It is now posted and nobody would object on it. People would have no problem if it could have been posted sooner.

It is all about what triggers people's interest to post it, not about classification. XC90 related news are fine to be posted here too. Just some people think it more relevant to post in XC90 forum and don't need to post duplicated here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts