1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
176 Posts
Good numbers overall after the pandemic downturn. So now the xc40 is the highest seller. xc90 trails by quite a bit. S60 and s90 numbers are closer than I thought they'd be.

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
Good numbers overall after the pandemic downturn. So now the xc40 is the highest seller. xc90 trails by quite a bit. S60 and s90 numbers are closer than I thought they'd be.
Europe and China sales where people still buy sedans.

Reactions: 02s80

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Europe and China sales where people still buy sedans.
Correct.

Volvo Cars reported its strongest first half year sales in the first six months of 2021 as it sold 380,757 cars globally, an increase of 41.0 per cent compared with the same period last year.

The overall sales increase was driven by strong demand in China, the US and Europe, all of which reported double-digit growth compared to the same period last year, when market conditions were affected by the Covid-19

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
It was a strong start for 2021. The chip shortages will start catching up quick here as inventories are now fairly well depletes and new cars are only trickling in. Large numbers of 2021 cars were simply canceled.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Unfortunately for station wagon drivers, we can see why Volvo is canceling them.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Unfortunately for station wagon drivers, we can see why Volvo is canceling them.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
If you combine all the wagon sales they are a sizable market yet... I think there are just too many options for a sustainable business model and that makes it hard for dealers to stock too. It'd be interesting to see if they could renew something like the XC70 and have it start out basic (by Volvo standards) and build up to cover the market range.

Reactions: V70 Brad

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If you combine all the wagon sales they are a sizable market yet... I think there are just too many options for a sustainable business model and that makes it hard for dealers to stock too. It'd be interesting to see if they could renew something like the XC70 and have it start out basic (by Volvo standards) and build up to cover the market range.
When you have too many options at the buffet, lots of choices get leftover.

Volvo would probably benefit the most by paring down its product line to the S60, xc40, XC60, and XC90 and adding back a single station wagon like the XC70. Or just keeping the v90.

If you look at the numbers, station wagon have too many options for such a low volume product.

Reactions: 718CGTS and DFrantz
1 - 8 of 8 Posts