SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me about their experience with the Volvo overseas program. I'm interested in the trip itself and whether you can lease the car. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by bocabailey:
Can anyone tell me about their experience with the Volvo overseas program. I'm interested in the trip itself and whether you can lease the car. Thanks.
I've been told you can lease at current US lease offerings, not on a lease based on an OSD price. Moreover, I think that you begin making lease payments once your order the car, which is for 3 mos or so before you drive it. Even if this is wrong, you are making lease payments once you pick it up and whil awaiting shipment back home which is at least another 2 mos.

Under those conditions, it might not pay to lease a car via the OSD.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by C 70 Convertible OSD:
I've been told you can lease at current US lease offerings, not on a lease based on an OSD price. Moreover, I think that you begin making lease payments once your order the car, which is for 3 mos or so before you drive it. Even if this is wrong, you are making lease payments once you pick it up and whil awaiting shipment back home which is at least another 2 mos.

Under those conditions, it might not pay to lease a car via the OSD.
Not only that (you are correct on everything you wrote) but a European Delivery car cannot be leased under the special lease programs that VFNA and VCNA have currently set. And since those lease factors are so low, going under the standard program (even if you are buying the car for a lot less) will produce a much higher payment. Euro delivery cars are good for buying not leasing.

Yannis

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanx Yannis!

One thing I don't understand from another post of yours -- what is the C - 50? Is it to be a car or a Wagon/SUV?

The pictures that I have seen appear to show it as a wagon, not a car. Moreover, I thought it was going to be something like a sliding roof with the Side (A?) beams still there -- sort of like an open-ended and extended Targa.

Obviously, I am most interested in a hard top retractable, since we own the C-70. What's more, we surrendered our SLK for the C-70, so if Volvo plans to build a H/T retractabale, we are most interested!

Thanx!

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by C 70 Convertible OSD:
Thanx Yannis!

One thing I don't understand from another post of yours -- what is the C - 50? Is it to be a car or a Wagon/SUV?

Thanx!
From what I know, the C50 will be based on the new Focus/Protege/Volvo P1 chassis and it will have a retractable hardtop. Take a look at the Valmet concept at the features section of the homepage, and you will see what it will look like for the C50. This new chassis should have supurb handling characteristics, plus Haldex AWD (possibly) to make for a great convertible 4-seater.

-Drew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts