SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What features does this have for people who have taken delivery? I know that Volvo wasn't sure on the continued pricing of some of these types of features, but are people using the app? How does it work? The remote start is only with the t8 no? What other features can you use? How well does it work?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Through a app on your mobile phone, you can:

Remotely start your car
Check to see if the doors are locked (the app also notifies you if forget to lock your car)
Check to see if your windows are down
Check how much fuel is in the car
Check the location of the car
Have the car blink it's lights and honk its horn to help find it
See a history of where the car has travelled

It's basically super awesome. It works very well. T6 can be remotely started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I like the app a lot and I use it a lot, for remote starting, remembering where I parked. Another really useful feature is you can search on the map and send a location to the cars navigation.

·
Registered
417 Posts
FYI - US prices for extension after 6 months (based on the Volvo website):

12 Month Extension $200.00 USD
18 Month Extension $250.00 USD
30 Month Extension $390.00 USD
42 Month Extension $500.00 USD
54 Month Extension $600.00 USD

I think the application is vey cool but the extension prices are a little bit on the high side.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dealer told me that, like the Sirius xm people, they will lower the price as you get close to your trial expiration date to try and hold on to you.

·
Registered
417 Posts
That's good to know.
Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
785 Posts
You can also search for a destination in the app and have it sent to the Nav system in the car. Also handy if someone sends you an address via SMS, easy to cut, paste and send.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You can also search for a destination in the app and have it sent to the Nav system in the car. Also handy if someone sends you an address via SMS, easy to cut, paste and send.
I didn't know you could do that. That's pretty awesome.

Can't wait to use this feature. Sadly, I only get to drive our XC90 on the weekends. But for days when I am become my wife's personal uber driver to run errands, this is fantastic!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts