SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Each time I start 2015.5 V60 I get this message on center module of dash: "Volvo on Call: Service Required"
Mileage is 51,000 and 50,000 mile service has been completed. So how do I clear the alert?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:facepalm:
Follow-Up:
2015.5 V60 T5 (2.5) AWD Platinum
Whether this is relevant we did not renew our Volvo-on-Call subscription after complimentary period.

Problem started after main battery replaced at 49,800 miles and just after warranty had expired at 50,000 miles.
Whether or not there is any relation to battery replacement can not be verified.
Calling VOC directly was of no use, as they could not clear message and refererred us to our Volvo dealer.
As our mechanic could not solve this problem we finally scheduled service with Volvo.

The diagnosis: Faulty back-up battery in phone module and upgraded Volvo-on-Call software.
Costs as follows:
Diagnostic $72.49
Battery $106.26
VOC software upgrade $45.52
Labor $289.94
Shop charges $30.00
Tax $10.91
Total $555.12

·
Registered
367 Posts
-at one time airline pilots carried a roll of black tape, to be used when an instrument failed. The idea was to put a piece of tape over the broken face, so you did not have to be continually distracted by looking at the dial, and wondering about the cause of misinformation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts