SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience renewing On-Call?

I use the phone app a lot, and its nice to know that there are emergency services available, but at this stage On-Call is definitely not worth $200 a year.

My parents have Onstar in their Enclave and for the past 4 years its been a much better and more reliable service than On-Call.

So that being said, I don't want to pay full price to renew. With my parent's car, they've been able to negotiate with Onstar reps and get a better deal, same thing for Sirius XM radio. Is this possible with Volvo?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'd be curious to see these answers too

I used the"send address to my car" feature, but don't care about any thing else

·
Registered
86 Posts
Depending on what features you need, you may not need to renew. The 3G modem remains active after the VOC subscription expires - and the "Send to car" feature works directly from here.com.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Think twice (and read the fine print) before purchasing multiple years of VoC.

There was a post, I think on the XC60 forum (I can't find it right now). A user purchased a multi-year renewal and then totaled his Volvo. He had no luck getting his payment refunded at the time I stopped reading the thread. AFAIK from reading my own contract it is tied to the car, which means it won't be transferred to a replacement either. Maybe the OP recognizes his story and can update you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts