SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that volvo won't install the on call features on vehicles older then 2015.5 years but does anyone know why not? What specifically is different from 2015 to 2015.5?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked through that thread and didn't find a definitive answer as to why pre 2015.5 Volvo's can't be upgraded.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Actually they did speak about it 2015 was the last year of the old Volvo on call system. 2015.5 forward uses the new next gen system

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually they did speak about it 2015 was the last year of the old Volvo on call system. 2015.5 forward uses the new next gen system
Yeah I read that, but it still doesn't answer my questions as to what makes the 2015.5 components so different from the 2015 components.

I'm not asking IF you can put it on a 2015, I'm asking specifically why you can't.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I would imagine if it requires all new hardware and software and the older vehicle is pre-wired for something different then it would not work. Maybe Grecian Volvo will chime in with specifics to fully answer your questions

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would imagine if it requires all new hardware and software and the older vehicle is pre-wired for something different then it would not work. Maybe Grecian Volvo will chime in with specifics to fully answer your questions
That's what I was assuming too. Curious to find out why we can't pay to have the stuff installed. Not sure how integrated it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts