SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Volvo Connect and on Call help

Hi, earlier today I went to pick up a new XC60 T5 Inscription. Right before signing the paperwork I went to the car to check it out and connect the app.
The first issue was that we could not connect through On Call to get the PIN. We connected through SOS and they transferred us to On Call. They gave us the PIN and keyed it into the app but the darn thing would not end up pairing. Tried several times after shutting the engine, restarting the iPhone, etc. Always the same error. I then tried to connect my wife’s iPhone 6 (I have an iPhone 8). Same story.
Both phones were paired successfully with the car and were able to make calls.
We called on call again through SOS and they told us everything looked fine from their side. They did not know what was wrong.
After spending 2 hours with the same results, I gave up and left with a loaner without signing the lease.
On Monday they are going to troubleshoot the issue...
Does anybody know what is wrong and how to fix it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
Seems same thing happened to my OSD car. The module in charge of VoC in my car was put into sleep mode from factory. After several calls and days they figured out and let dealer flash the software and activate it then everything is good.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Iirc, the sales person I bought my spa xc90 from helped with setup as we dialed from the car's on call button.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Iirc, the sales person I bought my spa xc90 from helped with setup as we dialed from the car's on call button.
My salesman and two other guys from the dealership chipped in but no one was able to figure out what to do...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I know there were some known Telemetry issues that Volvo has a software fix for, not sure if its related

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
652 Posts
You don't need the PIN to pair the car anymore. Did anyone even try to link the app to the car? As long as you made a VolvoID and the retailer paired your car to the VolvoID, that's all you need.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You don't need the PIN to pair the car anymore. Did anyone even try to link the app to the car? As long as you made a VolvoID and the retailer paired your car to the VolvoID, that's all you need.
The Volvo app requested the PIN and keyed in what the On Call folks gave us.
I have a Volvo ID and it is paired to the car. The issue is specifically that we cannot pair the app with the car.
I suspect the issue is due that On Call function is not working.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My 2019 XC60 was the same. Just would not pair. Finally they replaced the ‘telematics module’. And it works fine now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts