SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This message showed up today.
Bought car new 2015,
We never paid for the service, nor did we ever try to use it.
My question is, how do I get the message to go away?
Thank you,
Eric

Not sure if this will appear in-line, but the link should open a picture (of the message):

IMG tag did not work, trying URL ...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ABf31Eo8AgX7B2oB6

·
Registered
698 Posts
Did you try pushing the OK button on the end of the TS stalk?

·
Registered
820 Posts
This message means your telematics module (TEM) has been deactivated. It happened to me while I had an active on-call subscription. It shouldn't matter to you until you actually want to activate on-call, which you won't be able to do until you take it to the dealer so they can reset/ wake-up the system. If I recall correctly, it would pop up every time I started the car and I had to dismiss it each time. But I THINK it stopped popping up after few days while I was waiting to take it to the dealer.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...ated-Anyone-else-had-this-issue&highlight=tem

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...e-done-at-home&p=7420271&posted=1#post7420271

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both.

The OK button does make it go away (I forgot about that button), but it comes back next time I start the car.

So hoping meade18 is correct and it goes away on it's own.

Eric

·
Registered
1 Posts
if you get the message "Volvo on call deactivated" on your dashboard just call Volvo on call and they will send you a code to enter to deactivate. They have excellent customer service and best of all it is for free! in the U.S. call 1-800-4581552. they will email you a code and it may take a couple of hours before you get it. dealer wanted to charge me $180 to clear it!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This message showed up today.
Bought car new 2015,
We never paid for the service, nor did we ever try to use it.
My question is, how do I get the message to go away?
Thank you,
Eric

Not sure if this will appear in-line, but the link should open a picture (of the message):

IMG tag did not work, trying URL ...

New photo by Eric Wes
Did anyone get you an answer on this? I have the same issue and the dealership is useless.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Did anyone get you an answer on this? I have the same issue and the dealership is useless.
Did you call that number in the last post? I think this happened to enough people that Volvo figured out how to fix this without requiring the dealership to reset it.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Mine said the same thing when it expired but it eventually stopped after about a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you both.

The OK button does make it go away (I forgot about that button), but it comes back next time I start the car.

So hoping meade18 is correct and it goes away on it's own.

Eric
This drives me crazy. I must hit “ok” 20 times a day to see my odometer and usually while I am driving. I was told I had to buy a $200 renewal. I asked for a free deactivation code. She said go to the dealer. I said will the dealer charge me; she said most likely yes. I hope it goes away as I don’t need this subscription or a $180 service fee. Did you find out anything?

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you get the message "Volvo on call deactivated" on your dashboard just call Volvo on call and they will send you a code to enter to deactivate. They have excellent customer service and best of all it is for free! in the U.S. call 1-800-4581552. they will email you a code and it may take a couple of hours before you get it. dealer wanted to charge me $180 to clear it!!!
I called the lady today and she said you only get the code if your subscription is active. If not, pay $200 for a year or go see your dealership and pay their fee. I asked, will it eventually go away? It has been coming on for 4 days and I have pushed okay 5-6 a day. She had no clue. Then she said maybe, wait and if it goes away your problem will be solved. I asked, how many days or okay pushes. She said she had no clue. Good lord. You would think these people would know these answers. Instead the answer was go see your dealership and pay want they charge and they will permanently clear that message. I am going to pull up the floor mat on the passenger said and see if pulling the fuse won't turn the warning message off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts