SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After last Thursday (22.3.2019) my Volvo on call app haven't been able to connect to my XC90; Car status doesn't update, start of climate don't work, driver journal doesn't work, there is no connection between app and the car.

I loaded Volvo on call app to another phone, old data (22.3.2019 and older) came OK, but not recent data.

Tested also Volvo on Call button in the car. Tried to connect to call center, but didn't succeed.

It seem, that there is a connection failure between car and Volvo computer system.

Called to local Volvo service, they told that there has been others with same issue. But they don't have any fix for the issue (yet).

Has anyone else same issue? does your car's Volvo on call communication working OK?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Just used VOC this morning to precondition. Working fine for me. There is an updated VOC app (v4.5.9) for iOS as of yesterday. Not sure if you are on Apple or Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have an Android phone Samsung Note 5 and all works well on my XC60

·
Registered
994 Posts
It may be Volvo's servers and not your car. Volvo uses the same server system as Land Rover, Jaguar, and a couple others. They have had issues in the past and it clears up in a couple days when things get sorted on their end.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Hi,

After last Thursday (22.3.2019) my Volvo on call app haven't been able to connect to my XC90; Car status doesn't update, start of climate don't work, driver journal doesn't work, there is no connection between app and the car.

I loaded Volvo on call app to another phone, old data (22.3.2019 and older) came OK, but not recent data.

Tested also Volvo on Call button in the car. Tried to connect to call center, but didn't succeed.

It seem, that there is a connection failure between car and Volvo computer system.

Called to local Volvo service, they told that there has been others with same issue. But they don't have any fix for the issue (yet).

Has anyone else same issue? does your car's Volvo on call communication working OK?
There were some sporadic connectivity issues last week but I believe it's working fine now. I have had no issues with remote engine start of my S90, in the past 3-4 days.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Few times last week, My VOC couldn't connect to the car and the App showed that the car is in use while it's parked. I sent couple addresses to the car and it couldn't connect to the car, either. But over the weekend it was fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I noticed yesterday, that there is also other problems with my XC90 than Volvo On Call.

There is no internet connection. At least Spotify and Glympse wont start. By pressing those apps, the car starts to connect to internet, but after a while shows on the screen that no internet connection.

So called to workshop again and got a repair time in two weeks from now.

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A5000 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

1 - 7 of 7 Posts