SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I saw this emblem a long time ago on IPD's website and I instantly fell in love with the emblem design. I wanted to buy a set of these emblems, but I don't know where to buy them or if they even exists.

Well tonight, I went to happy hour and I got to thinking about getting these emblems/badges specially made and I started messing around on Illustrator and this is what I came up with. I would like to get your opinion and advice on where I can even get this made.

I've got two variations shown below:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will this be a decal or mountable emblem?

Plastic or metal?

Patented or...?

Are you familiar with the rules for using the word VOLVO?

George Dill

http://images.google.com/images?as_...as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images&as_st=y

http://images.google.com/images?as_...as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images&as_st=y
Mountable emblem.
Metal, Chrome.

Patent? And no, I am unfamiliar with the rules for the use of the "Volvo" word. I've only read the disclaimer about non-commercial use and having to request permission from trademark holder. Please share any information you have regarding the rules on the usage of the word, "Volvo."

My intent was not to commercialize or sell the emblems. I just want to get a set of 4-6 emblems made for my own car and with some left over for future projects. I've looked at a couple of places online and they all start off at around $500 for setup costs and with additional costs per emblem.

If people are interested, I'm open to thoughts, suggestions, and advice. How does one go about in getting permission to use the brand name for commercial use? Is anyone interested in this emblem other than myself?

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
No problem if your not going to commercialize and only as a "replica" on your personal project.

btw, you might want to dive around Brands of the World and search for a Volvo logo which you can work from to get a more accurate "iron mark" emblem.
Just some pointers. I've recently contributed to BOTW with the R emblem...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
How does one go about in getting permission to use the brand name for commercial use?
You'd have to get Volvo legal to give it the OK. I think it's pretty safe to assume that they will not authorize commercial use of their brand name except under very strict, controlled circumstances (i.e. they have some sort of ownership stake). For something like this, probably not gonna happen.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are the latest revisions with the correct font and with the rolling iron symbol more similar to the current logo. What do you all think?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My next step is to use Rhino 3D to model it and determine what size it should be and what the exact dimensions are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.