SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how the Volvo OEM NAV system compares to aftermarket systems out there. In particular, the Alpine NAV system.<p>What I want to know are the basics, is it easy to use, how good are the maps and directions, what if you get lost, etc...<p>Not sure if it is worth it to buy the OEM NAV or spend the money on an aftermarket unit.<p>TIA<p>Ron

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: Volvo NAV vs others? (B518T)

Where can you buy a DVD-based NAV system for only USD1,895? And the latest version is much more enhanced; they have added more than 500,000 pieces of new information.<p>Yannis

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Volvo NAV vs others? (GrecianVolvo)

Well, I was going to save the $1895 and buy something else if it wasn't worth going with OEM. Just looking at my options that's all.<p>Do you know if the V70R will have NAV as an option?<p>Is the interface easy to use Yannis? Can I add another video source to the screen later down the road? Say I wanted to add a rear view camera to display on the screen or add an X-box.<p>Thanks,<p>Ron

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Re: Volvo NAV vs others? (GrecianVolvo)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR><br>Where can you buy a DVD-based NAV system for only USD1,895? And the latest version is much more enhanced; they have added more than 500,000 pieces of new information.<p>Yannis<br><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>The Pioneer <A HREF="http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/CDA/CarProducts/CarProductDetails/0,1429,34228,00.html" TARGET="_blank">NAV-SYS900DVD</A> Goes for about $1,899.99 at <A HREF="http://www.etronics.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.etronics.com</a>. And it plays DVD-Movies, and has XM-Radio.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Re: Volvo NAV vs others? (Kaizai)

Don't get me wrong, I would rather have the stock Volvo navi.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: Volvo NAV vs others? (Kaizai)

Oh, I know...but I am assuming that most aftermarket systems are not as detailed as OEM systems.<p>Furthermore, although that system sells for that great price at etronics.com (MSRP $3,300+ in the Pioneer website), it does not include labor That is definitely going to run you a minimum of $500 plus you will need to spend $249 for the extra warranty (Volvo's Nav system comes with a 4-year warranty). So, after all that, you will be in the high $2K neighborhood, hardly a bargain. But that system seems pretty nice.<p>Yannis

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Re: Volvo NAV vs others? (B518T)

Hey gang!<p>I did a tech piece on this, so take a look under Tech Features. If you want to go through all this work, install the Alpine. My mothers new S80 does not have the detail nor the flexibility that my Alpine has but I can get anywhere with both systems, so far.<p>The Volvo system is excellent but when going with an aftermarket, you may be looking at other features, i.e., DVD player, Playstation, added screens, etc.<p>The 2k Volvo system is worth it. My Alpine 4k system is over the top but fun and does a lot and keeps me happy. <p>Happy hunting.....errr....holidays!<p>Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts