SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Volvo sent me navigation system updates for my 15' S60 T6 R-design. The dealer told me that it takes SIX HOURS to update the system. Can anyone confirm this? What is the best way to do it? Wait for a long drive? Apparently you can't pause it once it starts.

Also I'm wondering if the update will only update the roads or will the nav system actually become better at picking routes? As is, its useless.

Thanks,

Erik

·
Registered
278 Posts
I does take about 6 hours to install. However you can start the install, and stop before the install is complete. The system will start where you left off, so you can do it in stages. if you choose to do it in stages, your Nav system will NOT be available until you complete the install.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I does take about 6 hours to install. However you can start the install, and stop before the install is complete. The system will start where you left off, so you can do it in stages. if you choose to do it in stages, your Nav system will NOT be available until you complete the install.
Good know, thanks!

·
Administrator
55,932 Posts
I did a download via Volvo's website for my '15.5 - it was about 15gb. It did take a couple hours to complete via a USB stick.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Where is that site? How is this available?

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts