SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: (cdauerer)

Quote, originally posted by cdauerer »
Appreciate the heads up.

Just got confirmation from our Chief General Counsel, cease and desist letter (for improper use of Volvo name) will go today.

Thanks,
Chris Dauerer
VCNA

Yeah, good luck with that!

·
Registered
63,542 Posts

I'm open to it. I will speak with George at SS about how to do so.

I think you will be opening up a real can of worms for yourself, VCNA is not on everyone's favorite list and it WILL wind up to be a "bitch" session.

Volvo (not necessarily VCNA) has dropped the ball on so may issues you will be inundated;

Here are a few to start with:

Failed ABS modules on every single car from 1996-2001
Failed transmissions from Volvo's policy of not changing fluid (and especially the stop neutral fiasco from the 2001's), 60-75% of ALL tranmissions have failed!
Failed. (rusted out) AC Evaporators, a poor design 1994 thru 2000, C70-1998 -2004.

Why there hasn't been a class action lawsuit on any or all of these is beyond me and... the Volvo part price of an ABS module PRICED UP to over $1000 is just plain OBCENE.

Unfortunately there are many (most) Volvo owners that are not aware that they can be rebuilt for $120 or so and work BETTER than the original!
VCNA should hang their head in shame on this one

Modified by JRL at 8:19 AM 5-20-2009

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: (FEO)

They know who I am and how I fell about certain things

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: (58ford)

I see one typo and possibly one spelling goof on a word I never use

·
Registered
63,542 Posts

JRL's list:
Failed ABS Units: No one is happy about these units and the replacement rates. We have worked with VCC several times on a reman solution as is found on the aftermarket in an effort to come up with a lower cost repair. However, every time we buy one and send to VCC as an example, they tear it down and find really poor workmanship, including clipped out circuitry to keep the warning lamp off. VCC R&D steadfastly maintains that the units cannot be rebuilt safely. I have not given up, but that is the situation thus far. Will ask the Parts dept. to examine the pricing.

OK, That is bure bull s**t
Yes, there are certain "rebuilders that do a quickie, charge $89.95 and some fail, but Victor Rocha and Module Master back theirs 100% and I don't know of any unhappy cutomers.
I will take a chace any day on a $125 rebuild than paying $1000 for the SAME CRAP that came in the car. (no improvement over the OEM piece)

AW gearboxes: Our supplier (Aisin Warner) and transmission R&D at VCC stand behind the lifetime fluid stance.

Then answer this, Toyota (Ford and others) who also use AW gearboxes with FAR less failures RECOMMEND a 30K fluid change (drain and fill)?
I will not believe that AW agrees with this policy, Volvo may "stand by it" yet they won't pay for the 75-100,000 that have failed after the warranty is up.

AC evaporators: 850 and X70. Multiple running changes with different coatings, materials etc. The replacement units are definitely an improvement.

I can't make a statement on that, perhaps so.

Your answers just follow the (Volvo) party line, even though I (and many others) can and have proven your answers to be mostly incorrect.
Until someone at Volvo (besides many of the engineers in Rockleigh who agree with me) pony up, so to speak, nothing will ever come of this!

When YOU (the people at VCNA) agree that the Swedes have their heads up their collective rear ends and are THE MOST STUBBORN automobile engineers on this earth, then we can start a dialogue, but quoting the Volvo (factory) will get us nowhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.