SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car in for the final service before the warrentee expires and requested a price to install lowering springs and swaybars figuring on installing IPD components. The question that came back to me from the service manager shocked me. He wanted to know if I was using Volvo lowering springs and sway bar or was I suppling them. I told him that I wasn't aware Volvo sold lowering springs and sportier sway bar for the R. He said that they did. I asked for more info and he said he would have to get it for me, he didn't have it handy.

Has anyone heard of Volvo lowering springs and better sway bar. I don't remember ever hearing it mentioned on this forum before.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Re: Volvo Lowering Springs???? (RhaRdeR)

Are the springs from the '07 R Type S available already?

·
Registered
63,013 Posts

Unfortunately you have a nice but unknowledgeable service person, there are NONE

·
Registered
1,845 Posts

Quote, originally posted by RhaRdeR »
I had my car in for the final service before the warrentee expires and requested a price to install lowering springs and swaybars figuring on installing IPD components. The question that came back to me from the service manager shocked me. He wanted to know if I was using Volvo lowering springs and sway bar or was I suppling them. I told him that I wasn't aware Volvo sold lowering springs and sportier sway bar for the R. He said that they did. I asked for more info and he said he would have to get it for me, he didn't have it handy.

Has anyone heard of Volvo lowering springs and better sway bar. I don't remember ever hearing it mentioned on this forum before.

The only Volvo ones I know about are these:

http://acctest.semcon.se/en-GB...t.htm

but they all exclude the "R".

·
Registered
21,310 Posts
Re: Volvo Lowering Springs???? (volvofla)

That turns a normal S60 into an R.

Volvo is starting to get with it. I have heard that lowering springs and stiffer swaybars will be dealer installed options on the C30.

Too little, too late....

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: Volvo Lowering Springs???? (Needsdecaf)

They have had their "roadholding kit" for years.
Springs, sway bars and the strut tower brace.
Like a TME spring, they lower about one inch TOPS, maybe a hair less
Yannis has the kit on his own 01 T5 wagon.
He says it's great, I never had a chance to drive it though

No factory R lowering springs

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Volvo Lowering Springs???? (JRL)

I would be willing to bet that he is talking about HEICO products. They supply alot of dealerships around NE with their products to be offered as dealer installed options. I spoke to Todd about it before and was told that some dealerships carry as much as $30k worth of their products.

Especially since you are in CT and the North American HQ is in Lincoln, RI.

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: Volvo Lowering Springs???? (northmiler89)

Quote, originally posted by northmiler89 »
I would be willing to bet that he is talking about HEICO products. They supply alot of dealerships around NE with their products to be offered as dealer installed options. I spoke to Todd about it before and was told that some dealerships carry as much as $30k worth of their products.

Especially since you are in CT and the North American HQ is in Lincoln, RI.

No, I would bet I'm NOT.

VOLVO had their OWN KIT for P2 cars, hard to get a most parts guys can't find it. I have no idea if it's still available

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.