SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten one of the Volvo iPod adapters installed in a car that came with the USB port?

I installed it in my 07 S80, which only had aux. Dealer installed the appropriate software and I was good to bounce.

On my C30, though, the allegedly correct software refuses to install. Only difference is that I already have a USB port in my C30.

I don't really like the idea of installing the GROM unit, really just an issue about tapping cables. Also, I've already physically installed the Volvo adapter.

Why would I want an iPod adapter in this day and age? Because this works incredibly well at connecting my android phone to it over bluetooth:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B52LLJ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Used it in the S80 and I use one in my R. Really clear sound, and let's me control my phone with the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
The S40/V50/C30/C70 P1 platform has an entirely different audio system from the P2's you're mentioning. What software are you referring to?

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm talking about the iPod adapter for my P1 C30. It's just about the same gear as the one for the P3 S80.

The software I'm referring to, I believe just unlocks the additional modes. My car has Radio AUX and USB, presently. I'd need it to also include iPod to take advantage of it.

The unit is powered up. Both the addon USB cable and the iPod adapter provide power, but the head unit doesn't give me the option of changing to iPod.

From this page:
https://www.bostonvolvocarsparts.co.../USB-and-iPod-Music-Interface/VCC-449090.html

I have:

31316394 cable
30758237 adapter

I just need the AUU software loaded:

or

I've had the dealer try both, and they both come back saying they're not for my car.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone's gone down the same path I have, and actually had it work. Volvo of North America couldn't shed any light on it, either.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I can't offer any help, but thank you for mentioning this product. It looks awesome for using bluetooth music on our P1's.

I hope you find a working solution!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts