SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I'd have just bought a GROM3. I hear it does everything.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have the GROM unit to aux jack. Does everything I want it to

·
Registered
868 Posts
I just hooked up the Volvo Ipod adapter in my trunk. I was wanting to use an ipod to bluetooth adapter like this.
http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Rec...r=8-1&keywords=mpow+ipod+to+bluetooth+adapter

or maybe i could use this if that doesnt work.
http://www.amazon.com/ViseeO-Tune2a...=UTF8&qid=1442439061&sr=8-1&keywords=tune2air

Can someone let me know if i cant use this?
Actually quite curious about this. My car (no, I won't capitalize the R, you mad people you) came with a mid 2000s vintage iPod adapter the previous owner had installed, and I'm curious to see if I can both find a use for it and hopefully get steering wheel controls as a bonus. Ordered a 30-pin bluetooth adapter, will report back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the regular Bluetooth adapter and I can't seem to get it to work. I was thinking about getting the tune2air. Was told that it works better with Euro cars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually quite curious about this. My car (no, I won't capitalize the R, you mad people you) came with a mid 2000s vintage iPod adapter the previous owner had installed, and I'm curious to see if I can both find a use for it and hopefully get steering wheel controls as a bonus. Ordered a 30-pin bluetooth adapter, will report back.
Let me know if yours works.

·
Registered
290 Posts
One of the first things I bought for my caR was an Imiv classic, It was pretty pricey but you get what you pay for. I have the RTI screen too so I wanted to utilize that as much as possible. I set it up with the rear view camera, aux, and iPod cable to the front center console. It came with an iPhone 4 to 5 adapter and a little Bluetooth plug that uses the 4 plug. And I can skip songs from the steering wheel buttons. supposedly you can watch videos on the screen but haven't quite figured that out yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of the first things I bought for my caR was an Imiv classic, It was pretty pricey but you get what you pay for. I have the RTI screen too so I wanted to utilize that as much as possible. I set it up with the rear view camera, aux, and iPod cable to the front center console. It came with an iPhone 4 to 5 adapter and a little Bluetooth plug that uses the 4 plug. And I can skip songs from the steering wheel buttons. supposedly you can watch videos on the screen but haven't quite figured that out yet.

That is great that you bought another product to do what you need it to do.
However,
We are asking the question, can the OEM Volvo adapter be converted to bluetooth or anything else from the Ipod cable.
Ipod cable has power, so it can power the bluetooth adapter. However, getting the audio to work is another issue.
Mine seems to not even power. Might just be my setup but not sure. I am trying to get it working.
Need to test on an actual Ipod.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Look what I just found.

This is quoted from a review on Amazon.
5.0 out of 5 starsTune2Air is great!
ByM. Hendersonon April 29, 2015
Color: Silver / BlackVerified Purchase
This thing is AWESOME. If you have an older car with "plug-in" Bluetooth, you just plug this in and you are good to go. Since electronics change much faster than cars this make listening to your music on your phone a breeze. It also responds to steering wheel buttons for skip etc. I drive a 2009 Volvo C70 controvertible, which I installed the Volvo iPod option into. When the connectors changed to lightening, I got this and really really wish I had gotten it years ago.

Here is the product
http://www.amazon.com/ViseeO-Tune2a...p/B00B52LLJ6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

This friday I will buy and have it sent to me. I will let you guys know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just bought. Couldnt wait.
Got a used one for $68 on amazon with prime 2 day shipping.
I will let you know how it goes. If it goes well, I may make a new thread with Pics on what i bought and how it works. Maybe a video.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tested out the Tune2Air. I couldnt get it to power on.
However, I am not sure that my Ipod adapter is working right. Shows the cd changer on the HU but no power is being supplied to any device that is connected to the ipod connector.

I am just going to buy the USA Spec and hook it up. I am tired of this not working. I think my device is faulty and it would be cheaper just to get something that works.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I tested out the Tune2Air. I couldnt get it to power on.
However, I am not sure that my Ipod adapter is working right. Shows the cd changer on the HU but no power is being supplied to any device that is connected to the ipod connector.
The old OEM iPod adapter with the 30 pin connector works with older first and second gen Apple products. Then Apple made a change to the pins that need power on their devices. There is an old thread on here somewhere all about it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'd have just bought a GROM3. I hear it does everything.
This ^^^^^, I have the GROM USB3 with the Bluetooth adapter. The aux USB port is super handy for charging. Overall, it is the best setup for Volvo's, short of Volvo integrating Bluetooth into the HU-850 itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
That tune2air looks pretty sweet for existing 30-pin connectors...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
Partial success! No steering wheel controls, but everything else works swimmingly (powers on automatically when car comes on, excellent sound quality). Pleased overall.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts