SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone can lend any advice:<p>My 2007 xc70 got hit and run...the body damage is minimal. The rear bumper is scratched up and there's a ding on the side near the rear wheel.<p>I filed claim with my insurer. Of course, they want to have the car fixed at their facility. Since the car is still under warranty I'd rather have a licensed Vovlo mechanic do the work. Should I just take the car to the dealer and have them do it? It will probably cost the insurance company more but they'd do it right and I wouldn't risk voiding my warranty. Or, is there a good independent Volvo mechanic/body shop that someone could recommend in the Seattle area?<p>Thanks,<p>-Michael

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Re: Volvo Insurance Claim (meshugy)

Where I live the vendor has the legal right to take their car to any repair company they desire. Obtain three estimates and submit to insurance company.<p>Since your still under warranty taking it to an authorized dealer is best - <I>to the best of my knowledge.</I>

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Volvo Insurance Claim (stev vanveit)

Thanks Stev....I'm going to try and get the dealer to do the work. We'll see how it goes.<p>'m

1 - 3 of 3 Posts