SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was scanning through the available apps and noticed the "Volvo ID" app.

After installing and connecting my ID, it says something like, "all connected features are now available".

Is this app typically used instead of VOC? I'm not sure what might be available now that wasn't available before.

Does anyone know or have a link to more info?

Thanks!

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
496 Posts
I was scanning through the available apps and noticed the "Volvo ID" app.

After installing and connecting my ID, it says something like, "all connected features are now available".

Is this app typically used instead of VOC? I'm not sure what might be available now that wasn't available before.

Does anyone know or have a link to more info?

Thanks!
This is so that you can link your VolvoID with the VIN of your car. Behind the scenes your VolvoID relates back to a retailer, based on VIN. That "link" is what the car uses when you want to book a service appointment from the vehicle. ie: Bob Smith (VolvoID) from Pine Tree Mall Volvo (VIN & Volvo Systems).

However, the need for the VolvoID app itself is lesser and lesser since the whole service booking workflow will soon be in the VOC app and the in-vehicle method will be deprecated. (Never really worked right and there are many more ways to book a service nowadays.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts