SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for years volvo have been known to have the best stock ICE on the planet. (who wants to argue with the stock C70 ICE). heck even my alpine with DLS speakers cant rival the sound of a stock ICE from the 740series. but i have been curios, who was the maker of volvo OEM ICE from the 700 to the S80? and what brand speakers do they use?<P>

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ummm... "ICE?"<P>Jim Rothe<BR>'99 S70 T5M with Volvo/Dynaudio stereo system <A HREF="http://www.monmouth.com/~rothe/volvo-dynaudio.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.monmouth.com/~rothe/volvo-dynaudio.html</A> <P>

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
ICE=In-Car-Entertainment I guess? I have never heard that term before.<P>As far as I know, the 700 series used Alpine components and the S80 uses Mitsubishi components and Harman speakers. Not sure who makes the speakers on the 700 series cars.<P>-Drew

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by InDy:<BR><B>ICE=In-Car-Entertainment I guess? I have never heard that term before.<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah..I've heard of people use that word...actually more like seen people use ICE on their web sites.<BR>

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for the praise of Volvos OEM systems. I think one of the reasons for their success is that Volvo retains the responsibility for the system integration (except for the S60/V70/S80/S40/V40), that's the only way to tune the system to the car in an effective manner.<P>Here's a breakdown of the suppliers that manufacture parts for Volvos In Car Entertainment systems.<P><B>700 series</B><BR>Head units: Mitsubishi and Alpine<BR>Amplifiers: Luxor (and Alpine for the 780)<BR>Speakers: Luxor<BR>CD changer: Alpine<P><B>800 series</B><BR>Head units: Mitsubishi (SC-816) and Alpine (SC-811)<BR>Amplifiers: Luxor/Nokia<BR>Speakers: Luxor/Nokia<BR>CD changer: Alpine<P><B>S/V70</B><BR>Head units: Mitsubishi (SC-813/816) and Alpine (SC-901)<BR>Amplifiers: Nokia<BR>Speakers: Nokia<BR>Navi system: Mitsubishi<BR>CD changer: Alpine<P><B>C70</B><BR>Head units: Mitsubishi (SC-816) and Alpine (SC-901)<BR>Amplifiers: Alpine<BR>Speakers: Dynaudio<BR>CD changer: Alpine<BR>Navi system: Mitsubishi<P><B>S60/V70/S80</B><BR>Head units: Mitsubishi (HU-XXX)<BR>Amplifiers: Harman<BR>Speakers: Harman<BR>Active sub (V70): Harman<BR>CD changer: Mitsubishi<BR>Navi system: Mitsubishi<BR>Integrated phone/mayday system: Autoliv<P><B>S/V40</B><BR>Head units (-MY2000): Mitsubishi (SC-813/816)<BR>Head units (MY2001-): Mitsubishi (HU-XX5)<BR>Amplifiers: Philips<BR>Speakers: Philips<BR>CD changer (-MY2000): Alpine, 6 disc<BR>CD changer (MY2001-): Mitsubishi, 10 disc<BR>Navi radio: Mitsubishi<P><B>XC90</B><BR>Media players: Mitsubishi<BR>Audio modules: Alpine<BR>Control module: Alps<BR>Tuners: Mitsubishi<BR>Multimedia module: Mitsubishi<BR>Speakers: Harman<BR>Active sub: Harman<BR>Integrated phone: Autoliv<P>Note: The speaker factory in Motala, Sweden that manufactures Volvos speakers was originally called Luxor but was taken over by Nokia in 1994 and then by Harman in 1998. <P>[This message has been edited by Audioguy (edited 07-11-2002).]<p>[This message has been edited by Audioguy (edited 07-11-2002).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts