SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think with latest investments Volvo has a bright future.

German trio has sold approximately 1.8 million each this year.

Volvo is just after them with 500K:thumbup:

Jaguar, Cadillac, Land Rover and Japanese rivals are way behind.

Volvo has a unique place and with latest investments in line-up, dealers and self driving technologies this number will go up to 1 million mark.

What a great investment Mr.Shufu has done:thumbup:

Now we are waiting for fully electric executive car, S100:cool::cool:

Let's go Volvo!!!

ps: coupes wouldn't hurt:p

·
Registered
134 Posts
"ps: coupes wouldn't hurt"

Ditto!

Also a manual transmission here and there (as if).

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Yeah well, if the color choices that was just posted for the new S90 is correct, this is a fail before it begins!!!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I think with latest investments Volvo has a bright future.

German trio has sold approximately 1.8 million each this year.

Volvo is just after them with 500K:thumbup:

Jaguar, Cadillac, Land Rover and Japanese rivals are way behind.

Volvo has a unique place and with latest investments in line-up, dealers and self driving technologies this number will go up to 1 million mark.

What a great investment Mr.Shufu has done:thumbup:

Now we are waiting for fully electric executive car, S100:cool::cool:

Let's go Volvo!!!

ps: coupes wouldn't hurt:p
While I do not disagree that things are going well for Volvo, you need to learn how to look at Sales numbers. You are comparing Volvo's wordwide numbers against brands that are sold mainly in the US. When you compare their US numbers, it doesn't look so pretty for Volvo.

For Example:
2015 US Sales:
Volvo: 70,047 http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?274769-VCUSA-Sales-December-2015
Lexus: 171,131 (+100K cars) file:///home/chronos/u-873cb7878ad252d78549230c038b3d9a3598ddfa/Downloads/Toyota_December_2015_Sales_Chart.pdf
Cadillac: 175,267 (+105k cars) http://media.gm.com/content/dam/Media/gmcom/investor/2016/jan/GM-Deliveries-December-2015.pdf

So both Lexus and Cadillac have more than doubled Volvo's US Sales, so they are not "way behind" as you suggested.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Yeah well, if the color choices that was just posted for the new S90 is correct, this is a fail before it begins!!!
Ever the "optimist"! Glad you have the necessary skillset to call it a fail right before you even see it in person, based on colors! :)

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
Ever the "optimist"! Glad you have the necessary skillset to call it a fail right before you even see it in person, based on colors! :)
Well, truth be told I don't know why Volvo insists on offering two silvers, two blacks, two whites and a blue and a brown and think that's going to cut it...

Oh, they did throw a red in and on some special models you get a special blue.

The reality is the color choices pretty much blow for Volvo.

They have some fabulous colors. They just don't have a lot of colors. That's the issue, honestly.

Edit: to be fair, pretty much all makers have a junk drab selection.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Well, truth be told I don't know why Volvo insists on offering two silvers, two blacks, two whites and a blue and a brown and think that's going to cut it...

They have some fabulous colors. They just don't have a lot of colors. That's the issue, honestly.

Your edit says it all. That is sadly what this segment is like. A bunch of boring colors. BMW is near identical, while MB does add a red. The Performance models then get the "bright" colors.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
How many colors a tuxedo may have, or Ikea furniture may have? Guess that's the way they look at colors. They want the car looks sober I think. Ley's see what they put on 60 series, which should be young and brisk.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Your edit says it all. That is sadly what this segment is like. A bunch of boring colors. BMW is near identical, while MB does add a red. The Performance models then get the "bright" colors.
It seems the most color choices you can find out there in this segment is by Jaguar and Land Rover.

What does Tata know that Geely doesn't?

·
Registered
467 Posts
I think most people, including myself, get excited by the bright/unusual colors but when it comes time to buy choose a color that doesn't show dirt and won't look dated in 5-10 years when (hopefully) the car is paid for and still in good condition. Thus the popularity of grey/silver/white. I would like to see another green offered. Volvo does at least offer some nice interior options and I spend more time looking at the inside anyway.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While I do not disagree that things are going well for Volvo, you need to learn how to look at Sales numbers. You are comparing Volvo's wordwide numbers against brands that are sold mainly in the US. When you compare their US numbers, it doesn't look so pretty for Volvo.

For Example:
2015 US Sales:
Volvo: 70,047 http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?274769-VCUSA-Sales-December-2015
Lexus: 171,131 (+100K cars) file:///home/chronos/u-873cb7878ad252d78549230c038b3d9a3598ddfa/Downloads/Toyota_December_2015_Sales_Chart.pdf
Cadillac: 175,267 (+105k cars) http://media.gm.com/content/dam/Media/gmcom/investor/2016/jan/GM-Deliveries-December-2015.pdf

So both Lexus and Cadillac have more than doubled Volvo's US Sales, so they are not "way behind" as you suggested.
Same can be reversed and said for European numbers:thumbup:

Best to think globally besides i think Volvo can easily achieve 100K+ sales this year.

Everyone knows past dark years.

With dealer confidence Volvo can only go up in North America.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Same can be reversed and said for European numbers:thumbup:

Best to think globally besides i think Volvo can easily achieve 100K+ sales this year.

Everyone knows past dark years.

With dealer confidence Volvo can only go up in North America.
No it cannot. You are talking about brands that are subsets of other brands that sell in those markets. Toyota sells their "premium" cars in other markets as Toyota's. Cadillac has a very small presence in EU because GM has other brands there, like Opel. Volvo is a single automaker with no sub-brands. Even if Volvo is to achieve 100k units in the US in 2016, that is still 70k units less than both Caddy and Lexus did this past year, which is Volvo's entire 2015 number! Again, Volvo is doing much better, but they still have a long way to go to catch up in the segment. They are currently 10th in 2015 Sales in the US. Lincoln, the company that should have shut down 20 years ago, sold 30k more cars!

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1101710_bmw-holds-on-to-u-s-luxury-car-sales-crown-in-2015-lexus-moves-into-second

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No it cannot. You are talking about brands that are subsets of other brands that sell in those markets. Toyota sells their "premium" cars in other markets as Toyota's. Cadillac has a very small presence in EU because GM has other brands there, like Opel. Volvo is a single automaker with no sub-brands. Even if Volvo is to achieve 100k units in the US in 2016, that is still 70k units less than both Caddy and Lexus did this year, which is Volvo's entire 2015 number! Again, Volvo is doing much better, but they still have a long way to go to catch up in the segment. They are currently 10th in 2015 Sales in the US.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1101710_bmw-holds-on-to-u-s-luxury-car-sales-crown-in-2015-lexus-moves-into-second
I am literally shocked with Lexus figures:eek:

Who buys Lexus??

And BMW sales, unbelievable!!!

I wouldn't worry about Cadillac in Europe cause they have no presence at all.

Forget 100K, Volvo should triple US sales.

They are no match:cool:

Also do you have European sales data of non-German manufacturers??

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I am literally shocked with Lexus figures:eek:

Who buys Lexus??

And BMW sales, unbelievable!!!

I wouldn't worry about Cadillac in Europe cause they have no presence at all.

Forget 100K, Volvo should triple US sales.

They are no match:cool:

Also do you have European sales data of non-German manufacturers??
Yeah, I forgot that my Lexus number up top(171k) was only cars and left out their trucks. I cannot seem to find data just for Europe. The only thing that easily pops up is US numbers for everyone and Global and China numbers for German cars.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

I'm sure this is what the market demands. I believe the majority of people in North America and Northern Europe see, think and act in grey scale....old conservative souls the lot. I'm proud to say no one could ever accuse me of being like this. Join me and free yourself! Live a little! Hey Volvo, bring back the brighter orange and green hues to add to the reds and brighter blues. LOL :D

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I'm sure this is what the market demands. I believe the majority of people in North America and Northern Europe see, think and act in grey scale....old conservative souls the lot. I'm proud to say no one could ever accuse me of being like this. Join me and free yourself! Live a little! Hey Volvo, bring back the brighter orange and green hues to add to the reds and brighter blues. LOL :D

:thumbup:
I'm seriously considering painting my next car myself (or as is the fashion...wrapping it).

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I'm seriously considering painting my next car myself (or as is the fashion...wrapping it).
Wrapping is the way to go. Repainting a car can lower its value. Wrapping also gives the added benefit of protecting the paint underneath.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I have seen that metallic orange wrapped V60 Polestar before. Never seen that green wrapped XC90! Any links to more pics of the latter?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts