SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Someone here happen to know what type of font Volvo uses for "VOLVO"? Thanks.

Regards,
Mike H.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by mike_c70:
Hey guys,

Someone here happen to know what type of font Volvo uses for "VOLVO"? Thanks.

Regards,
Mike H.
It is called "Volvo Serif Bold" (source: Advertising Guide for Volvo Retailers").

Yannis

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:
It is called "Volvo Serif Bold" (source: Advertising Guide for Volvo Retailers").

Yannis
Yannis,
Do you know where I might be able to download this font? Thanks.

Regards,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by mike_c70:
Yannis,
Do you know where I might be able to download this font? Thanks.

Regards,
Mike

Mike,

I will look into it. The only place that I know of is a special advertising website that we, Retailers, use and it is password-enabled so I could not guide you to go there. I will see if we can download it and if we can I will then e-mail it to you.

Yannis

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:
Mike,

I will look into it. The only place that I know of is a special advertising website that we, Retailers, use and it is password-enabled so I could not guide you to go there. I will see if we can download it and if we can I will then e-mail it to you.

Yannis
Yannis,

That would be awesome. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
314 Posts
An Adobe Postscript Type 1 typeface of it would be nice - anyone know if it exists? I would assume that in a world dominated by Micro$oft that only a Truetype version exists. Seeing as I am among the 10% of users worldwide who choose to NOT use windows, however, but instead the platform that defined the modern-day publising and graphic design methodologies, I am always doing without, due to the large monopolistic maker of substandard inoperating systems.

Anyhow, rants aside, back in 1996 I made my own letters (just the O L and V letters) in Adobe Illustrator, thanks to a point/pica scale and a Volvo emblem. Talk about anal retentancy! Took me a while to get them just right.

-he who stacks pork

1 - 11 of 11 Posts