SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there somewhere software feature requests can be submitted to Volvo? I have one they could easily implement.

When the sensors detect an object in close proximity, it pulls up this screen:

Would’ve it be nice to have a selection for the 360 camera if the car has the feature? Seems they could do this very easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
If Volvo follow this forum, they have got hundreds of requests on this. :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
If you bought the car new, you'll get an email with a survey link. It's VERY thorough covering all aspects of the car. That's your opportunity to give feedback.

Not sure if they do this if it is a lease.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I hate when I'm in a drive through or similar, that screen keeps popping up even though I dismiss it. No other car I've had ever did that.

·
Registered
724 Posts
The XC60 obstacle detectors false less than most modern cars. My last vehicle, a Lincoln MKX was much worse.

There is a button on the screen that allows you to disable that feature, so it shouldn't continually pop up.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I hate when I'm in a drive through or similar, that screen keeps popping up even though I dismiss it. No other car I've had ever did that.
I absolutely agree
All cars in the class have a button to shut down the Start-Stop system, only Volvo does not have it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At one point I had an email for the Volvo On-call folks. I made some suggestions for visual changes (references to windows on the lock screen removed) in the app and they were very quick to implement them.

I doubt they are the same group but I bet if we could get the information to the right department, they could make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
If you bought the car new, you'll get an email with a survey link. It's VERY thorough covering all aspects of the car. That's your opportunity to give feedback.

Not sure if they do this if it is a lease.
No I never get such a survey link.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
I absolutely agree
All cars in the class have a button to shut down the Start-Stop system, only Volvo does not have it
You aren't dismissing it though. You're just acknowledging it. It's Park Assist. Press the PA that's lit up and turn it off temporarily. Then press Close. Done.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Additional changes... more GPS features

You aren't dismissing it though. You're just acknowledging it. It's Park Assist. Press the PA that's lit up and turn it off temporarily. Then press Close. Done.
Hi, in addition to the above, is it possible to alter the distance notification for "turns" or "selected location" etc. and "move to lane" on the GPS features.

I have used a lot of in-vehicle and aftermarket GPS systems and they all have had the ability to alter the "notification distance" for upcoming turns etc. Whilst I'm sure some will say it's OK. The problem for me is when on a freeway/motorway it will say turn etc. but when given the last "instruction" you're only about 20m away from the turn and can be caught out. Be nice to have a selection e.g. 200m, 100m, 75m. also add the additional feature that identifies "what lane to be in" e.g. "move to the left hand lane" "keep to the right in 100m" these features are also available on most other systems, on multi lane roads the GPS often gets "caught out" or you're NOT given enough notice to move etc.

I'm also aware that a lot people use their phone for GPS but there are still some of us that use our phones for call only when connected in the car, here in Australia data costs can be prohibitive for some of us to have our phones "on-line" all the time.

I didn't get a survey either after I got my 2018 model, just my thoughts.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Hi, in addition to the above, is it possible to alter the distance notification for "turns" or "selected location" etc. and "move to lane" on the GPS features.

I have used a lot of in-vehicle and aftermarket GPS systems and they all have had the ability to alter the "notification distance" for upcoming turns etc. Whilst I'm sure some will say it's OK. The problem for me is when on a freeway/motorway it will say turn etc. but when given the last "instruction" you're only about 20m away from the turn and can be caught out. Be nice to have a selection e.g. 200m, 100m, 75m. also add the additional feature that identifies "what lane to be in" e.g. "move to the left hand lane" "keep to the right in 100m" these features are also available on most other systems, on multi lane roads the GPS often gets "caught out" or you're NOT given enough notice to move etc.

I'm also aware that a lot people use their phone for GPS but there are still some of us that use our phones for call only when connected in the car, here in Australia data costs can be prohibitive for some of us to have our phones "on-line" all the time.

I didn't get a survey either after I got my 2018 model, just my thoughts.
The GPS nav software is quite limited in features and doesn't offer this option.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts

I need to do the same every time I start my car with a Start-Stop system :)

The GPS nav software is quite limited in features and doesn't offer this option.
The worst GPS system I've ever seen in a car
Instead of upgrading maps every 2-3 months, it would be better to upgrade the navigation software

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi FusionRedXC60

I wasn't asking for assistance with the GPS from members, sorry if my request to VOLVO was misinterpreted. I was really asking for Volvo to consider ADDITIONAL features...

I do agree with BigBang, updateing the software behind the maps as far as I know hasn't been done since my purchase in 2018, it's a very basic system and disappointing for a vehicle at this price point. With the imminent change to an Android system I'm not holding my breath for any effort by Volvo to support my older Sensus system with any updates due to cost etc. I'm pretty disappointed with the whole GPS system.

I have a Garmin (aftermarket valued at around $200) that has many more features and gets system and map updates regularly but I'm reluctant to use it and spoil the look of interior... after all it's part of the reason I bought the XC60 for the look and feel etc.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
The GPS software most likely was outsourced to someone. Volvo probably don't have a team building GPS navi software. So I am saying Volvo may not be able to improve the GPS software at all, because the vendor doesn't have interest to maintain it long term just for Volvo cars. Not to mention new models will have Android and Google map with navi.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
With the imminent change to an Android system I'm not holding my breath for any effort by Volvo to support my older Sensus system with any updates due to cost etc. I'm pretty disappointed with the whole GPS system.

I have a Garmin (aftermarket valued at around $200) that has many more features and gets system and map updates regularly but I'm reluctant to use it and spoil the look of interior... after all it's part of the reason I bought the XC60 for the look and feel etc.
Another disappointment is the implementation of the Android car, only half the Sensus system screen (that's about 4.5 inches) Why not full screen ????
My Samsung A50s has a 6.4 inch screen

The GPS software most likely was outsourced to someone. Volvo probably don't have a team building GPS navi software. So I am saying Volvo may not be able to improve the GPS software at all, because the vendor doesn't have interest to maintain it long term just for Volvo cars. Not to mention new models will have Android and Google map with navi.

Only Volvo does not
Audi annually releases new firmware - navigation software, and they do not have their own navigation team

·
Registered
724 Posts
The Android auto thing is annoying as hell. But, that's the problem with a portrait screen. The new Kia/Hyundai system (which is quietly one if the best on the market) had similar issues. I totally agree with you on this issue.

On the other hand, the onboard nav is not close to being as bad as you make it out to be. I use it quite often and it's pretty good overall.

·
Registered
117 Posts

So if I do that, it will come back on after a period of time (or after a certain speed)?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts