SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and have found the information here to be very helpful and informative. I am currently living in Germany and before returning to the US I want to take advantage of Volvo's expat sales program. I have already decided S60 T5 FWD with the following options: Platinum, climate, blis, 18" Sleipner wheels. However, the last thing to decide is the color combination. I am trying to decide between the following 4 combinations:

1 - Electric silver metallic/ off-black

2- Ice white/ off-black

3- Ember black/ beechwood brown - off-black

4- Flamenco red/ off-black

If you could briefly share which one of these color combinations you would pick for yourself and if your time permits why not some of the other ones.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
What state are you going to live in? Climate could play a role in choosing your color combination.

You also listed ice white/off black, 2x. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What state are you going to live in? Climate could play a role in choosing your color combination.

You also listed ice white/off black, 2x. ;)
Thank you for the observation. The 4th option is Flamenco Red (already corrected above). I will be living in Houston TX, but could transfer to NJ or MI after a couple of years.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I agree with Nick but since that is not among your choices I would go with Electric Silver w/ Anthracite. The exterior is a ver nice silver and neutral enough to keep the salt almost invisible for those Midwestern and Northeastern winters. At the same time, it is light enough to help keep your car cooler while you are in Houston.

If this were my car, I would go with either Ember Black or Ice White...both with Beechwood.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
The Ember Black is amazing in the sun.........

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I test drove an Ember black with Beechwood brown leather and it is a beautiful car and love that color combination. My biggest concern is that I no longer have the time dedicate to keep a black car looking nice all the time. Additionally, the black be a pain in the hot TX weather or the salty in NJ and MI roads. But I still love that color (I still have not ruled it out).

Do you think that Ice white and Beechwood is too much of a contrast? I have only seen pictures online but wonder if it looks good in real life.

Since this will be a custom build I have an option for a Seashell Metallic on the s60 which it is not available on the pre-builts and it will be unique. I have seen some pictures of Xc60 in Seashell.

What do you think of Seashell and Beechwood?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and have found the information here to be very helpful and informative. I am currently living in Germany and before returning to the US I want to take advantage of Volvo's expat sales program. I have already decided S60 T5 FWD with the following options: Platinum, climate, blis, 18" Sleipner wheels. However, the last thing to decide is the color combination. I am trying to decide between the following 4 combinations:

1 - Electric silver metallic/ off-black

2- Ice white/ off-black

3- Ember black/ beechwood brown - off-black

4- Flamenco red/ off-black

If you could briefly share which one of these color combinations you would pick for yourself and if your time permits why not some of the other ones.
I took delivery of a 2013 S60 T5 FWD this summer. It's flamenco red with beige/off black interior and I have no regrets. The red has a slight orange tint to it in the sunlight and shows as a deep red otherwise. The interior has a clean, luxury look to it. I also really liked the white - off black, but I traded a white car and wanted a new look. The beechwood interior was nice, but wasn't sure how I'd feel about it in 2 or 3 yeears. Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took delivery of a 2013 S60 T5 FWD this summer. It's flamenco red with beige/off black interior and I have no regrets. The red has a slight orange tint to it in the sunlight and shows as a deep red otherwise. The interior has a clean, luxury look to it. I also really liked the white - off black, but I traded a white car and wanted a new look. The beechwood interior was nice, but wasn't sure how I'd feel about it in 2 or 3 yeears. Good luck.

Thank you for your input. I think the beige/off-black is a good looking combination. How do you think it will hold up in the long run compared to just off-black. The sales person told me that beige seats you can have problems with dye transfer from clothes, etc. Would love to hear your first hand experience.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thank you for your input. I think the beige/off-black is a good looking combination. How do you think it will hold up in the long run compared to just off-black. The sales person told me that beige seats you can have problems with dye transfer from clothes, etc. Would love to hear your first hand experience.
I have not had that problem, but as I said, my ride is only 3 months old. It still looks showroom new. I plan on using a good leather cleaner/conditioner 3 or 4 times a year. I'm retired, so I have the time.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
I am one of the few people that likes seashell.

BMW offered a similar color with the saddle interior on the E9x's and E6x's and it was striking.

I would do seashell/beechwood.

You are correct. There are dye transfer issues with light interiors if you wear blue jeans often. The light interiors that I've had irrespective of marque have all had this issue. The only solution is a re-dye.

Think about ice white/beechwood. It's a stunner.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for your comments. It is now down to two color combination.

Ice white / beechwood brown or

Electric silver / off-black.

I think I am getting closer to making a final decision and place my order this weekend. Also, right now Volvo is offering 40% off from any packages and options and 20% off accessories. I am getting climate, platinum pkg, at least njord wheels but for $250 more i can get the 18" sleipners. My dealer did not have any t5 with the 18" to test but they look nice on th images I have seen.

Is blis worth getting? Should I get the sleipners? Anything else that I might be missing, maybe remote starter?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you in advance for your responses.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Beechwood interior is absolutely gorgeous. I've had my car close to two years now, and so far I definitely haven't gotten tired of the interior. So if the above two options are the ones you're considering, go with Ice White/Beechwood. Personally, I'm partial to Ember Black... ;)

To prove my point:

Sleipner wheels are nice, but not a must-have in my opinion. You have to be aware, that the car rides a little harder on the 18".
BLIS also isn't must have - OTOH I wouldn't want to miss ACC. Not sure how those are packaged in the US. In Germany you can get ACC together with all the other driver assist options (BLIS, LDW, DAC) at a lower price that you can get ACC alone...

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Flamenco red. WAY too many grey/black/white cars out on the roads these days. It's good to stand out! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Beechwood interior is absolutely gorgeous. I've had my car close to two years now, and so far I definitely haven't gotten tired of the interior. So if the above two options are the ones you're considering, go with Ice White/Beechwood. Personally, I'm partial to Ember Black... ;

Sleipner wheels are nice, but not a must-have in my opinion. You have to be aware, that the car rides a little harder on the 18".
BLIS also isn't must have - OTOH I wouldn't want to miss ACC. Not sure how those are packaged in the US. In Germany you can get ACC together with all the other driver assist options (BLIS, LDW, DAC) at a lower price that you can get ACC alone...

For the US spec cars the BLIS is a stand alone option and the technology package ($2,200 USD option) is the only way to get ACC with pedestrian detection, LDW, DAC etc.) I think that in Germany is worth getting the ACC as the motorway and autobahn here are so nice and not as congested as US highways.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Flamenco red. WAY too many grey/black/white cars out on the roads these days. It's good to stand out! :D
Adrian, I do agree with you that there are too many grey/black/ white cars out there. 2 out of my last 3 cars where red, I will always have a place in my heart for red but with standing out also comes attracting unwanted attention and at the end of the day that was the deciding factor to not go with the Flamenco Red.

So, I put my order in this past weekend. I went with the Eletric Silver off-black interior, Climate, BLIS, 18" sleipners, Platinum Pkg, Technology Pkg, My dealer had a V60 in Electric Silver with the 18 inch wheels and off-black interior that game me a really good idea and helped me make my decision (although I liked the V60 much more). Thanks everyone for your input. I hope this was a good deal MSRP $43,495 and got it for $36,990.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Adrian, I do agree with you that there are too many grey/black/ white cars out there. 2 out of my last 3 cars where red, I will always have a place in my heart for red but with standing out also comes attracting unwanted attention and at the end of the day that was the deciding factor to not go with the Flamenco Red.

So, I put my order in this past weekend. I went with the Eletric Silver off-black interior, Climate, BLIS, 18" sleipners, Platinum Pkg, Technology Pkg, My dealer had a V60 in Electric Silver with the 18 inch wheels and off-black interior that game me a really good idea and helped me make my decision (although I liked the V60 much more). Thanks everyone for your input. I hope this was a good deal MSRP $43,495 and got it for $36,990.
Sounds great.....I am sure you are very excited!!!!!

Sounds like you got right at a 15% discount.........nice!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sounds great.....I am sure you are very excited!!!!!

Sounds like you got right at a 15% discount.........nice!
Super excited. I can't wait! At first I was going to wait until right before returning to the US but I am glad I put my order in now. The car should be getting to the US not too long after I get back beginning of Feb.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts