SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Chinese DICE that I purchased in August 2012. I was able to use it out the box at least 2 times since. The last time I used in was on October 6th 2012 and that was the last time it was able to read the VIN and use the Troubleshooting tab to read the car and clear the codes. Now, when I have DICE connected and try to read the VIN, the green status bar in VIDA reading the VIN passes left to right about twice then I get the error message that reads:

"Not Possible to read out information from the vehicle.
Possible causes: Ignition is off. Vehicle older than 1999. Problems with CT or cables to vehicle. Problems with communication between CT and PC. Faults in the vehicle CAN. Non programmed or faulty ECU"

Before that message pops up in VIDA, I hear a click behind the dashboard, sounds like it's coming from behind the speedometer. Then the Vehicle Interface Status LED on the DICE blinks red once. The Firmware Status on DICE blinks a steady green and the USB Interface is a steady orange.

VIDA recognizes the DICE unit.
I ran the DICE test available in VIDA and it passed it also tested communicaiton and it worked.,
I also ran the DICE diagnostic software and it passed all tests.

Also, what I noticed is now when I try to read the vehicle, a pop up window pops up in VIDA and it tries to connect to volvocars.net but it fails to connect. I never seen that before when I was able to read the car.

Here is what I have:

DICE Firmware: 5.6.1
VIDA 2012A
Windows 7 Pro SP1
2001 Volvo S80 T6

I've tried reflashing the DICE unit without VIDA running in the background.
I tried running DICE with the key turned in the Accessory postion then, position II (ignition on), then with the car running idle. I still get the error message.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in Advance
Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try to disable the Internet connection, I do believe they block some serials, it seems all those chinese imitations have same serial number.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try to disable the Internet connection, I do believe they block some serials, it seems all those chinese imitations have same serial number.

How do I do this? Almost every tab I click, a popup window comes up trying to connect to Volvo but I get a window from my ISP stating it cannot connect to it

·
Registered
240 Posts
The click in the dashboard is the CEM connecting the internal CAN bus to the external OBD connector after receiving a command on K-line from the DiCE.
Vida has told the DiCE to send this command, so Vida is talking to your DiCE.
Possibly poor connection somewhere. Maybe bad soldering or broken parts inside the DiCE.

You can also check the log file in the DiCE folder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What might be is that you have the wrong url to go to, there is an update on the Volvo website to correct the url: https://www.volvotechinfo.com/index.cfm?event=info.softwareUpdates
Download and run the update to correct the wrong url: VIDAVCC VIDA 2011B VIDA update to correct links to volvocars.biz
You can simple disable your network card, you can do that in your hardware screen. or right click on the icon in your systray and disable the connection.

·
Registered
773 Posts
You should have received a crack program that prevents the system from trying to connect to Volvo's server. Some of those cracker programs have to be run every time you boot your machine. If you have the crack program, just close those windows, you should still be able to connect. Even though I have a cracked program, it still get that window trying to connect to Volvo's server every once in a while.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sorry to do a bit of thread jacking, but I am a having a little bit of a problem with Vida/Dice as well. Connects up just fine, can fault trace, but as soon as I click on the information pane ice disconnects and I have to go back to vehicle for it to reconnect. Any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts