SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 19 yr old bought his first car and financed it on his own (Horray, no need to co-sign). He decided to go a different route and got a 2013 Ford Focus ST 6 speed MT. As much as i wanted him to get a P2V T5 or R, its his money and decision. So now the 17 yr old that's been chomping at the bit for the S60 finally gets it for his own. Oh wait a minute,, i paid for it so actually he gets to drive it, not own it. But he has taken great care of the black S70 and spent his own money on upgrades and has worked on it quite a bit so i know he will take good care of the S60. So now the 15 yr old who licenses in Feb will get the black S70. We used to do all his permit driving in my S70. Now he says, "no dad this is my car now, we will drive this now". And i reply, "Uh son, slow down, this is my car and i'm allowing you to drive it".

The Focus is a surprisingly fast car with the ecoboost. The factory Recaros are incredible, I never thought about a Focus, but he likes it.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
He made the right choice, P2 Rs are unreliable as hell these days for a kid buying his first car. Plus the focus can actually complete a u-turn without 5 lanes, nice bonus

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
+10X on the battleship turning radius of the P2's

·
Registered
744 Posts
The Focus will be a lot less trouble although he probably paid a whole lot more too. I generally steer anyone with limited means to maintain their car away from anything AWD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts