SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my xc90 is in for service for ABS messages. They have not figured out the problem and have called Volvo for support with NO response after repeating contacts. They have had my car, lol, for 10 days now. Anyone have any experience on how long this "should" take? I would think one day.

Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
So my xc90 is in for service for ABS messages. They have not figured out the problem and have called Volvo for support with NO response after repeating contacts. They have had my car, lol, for 10 days now. Anyone have any experience on how long this "should" take? I would think one day.

Thanks
I had a different issue where they had to contact Volvo Support, there was a reply the next day with a possible solution and fixed within 4days after multiple possible fixes. I think they had to try 3 different things.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
My experience has been that my Volvo dealer has interacted with Volvo (even Sweden) within 48 hours, as needed. (Weekends and holidays excluded.)

With that said, the analysis and identified solution can take longer, but 10 days is surely sufficient elapsed time. A resolution may or may not be readily available as it really depends whether the issue is known or new. You could always contact Volvo Customer Care to escalate through the customer channel rather than totally rely on the service channel. You may wish to get specific details from the service director at the service center of their purported interactions with Volvo before you escalate to Volvo. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

Thanks
I have been stuck in that kind of limbo for over two months, at some point. They never got a reply, I broke down and took my car back.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts

Thanks
1 of 2 things.

1. They don't yet have a solution, but Volvo should have replied that they are researching the matter. You could always contact Volvo Corporate and have Corporate check and see what's going on, since your dealer hasn't heard back.

2. If they keep your car longer than 30 days and no one gets back to you with a resolution (USA) chances are they can "keep it permanently" if you are sick of waiting....I.E. It becomes a Lemon Law issue in many states. And Volvo is forced to buy back car at 100% of purchase price, plus taxes, title, and licensing fees.

Has dealer at least given you a loaner over the past 10 days so you have a set of wheels? Or are you reliant upon a second vehicle? Rental? Family?

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
The Technical Help Desk was unavailable this week for meetings and training. I've opened many cases and have never had one where I didn't get a reply within one business day.

The overall fix can take longer, of course. Sometimes it takes some back and forth between the technician and THD.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
The Technical Help Desk was unavailable this week for meetings and training. I've opened many cases and have never had one where I didn't get a reply within one business day.

The overall fix can take longer, of course. Sometimes it takes some back and forth between the technician and THD.
Which is why he should probably reach out to corporate and have them investigate the lack of reply. Even a response from help desk stating "we're still researching the problem" is better than complete radio silence.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts

It is bad management to put entire help desk team on hold for a week. It could risk several cars staying more than 30 days in service and hit lemon law. It is so weird they don't have part of the team still working in regular hours.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
There is a way to push something urgent through, but I won't go into that. Sounds like this case may have been opened prior to the training week.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
It is bad management to put entire help desk team on hold for a week. It could risk several cars staying more than 30 days in service and hit lemon law. It is so weird they don't have part of the team still working in regular hours.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
Agreed. Why risk people running to a lawyer and declaring a lemon by shutting down a whole department. OP's case has been ongoing 10 days, so is outside of the temporary closure. But still, whatever manager / management department made this call needs to go back to Business School 101.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Like I said, there is protocol to push something urgent through. The meetings were only 4 days and they were back Friday.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Like I said, there is protocol to push something urgent through. The meetings were only 4 days and they were back Friday.
Doesn't seem like messages are getting through... or OP fell through the cracks most likely. Hope he gets his car issue resolved ASAP. I'd hate OP having to Lemon Law his car over an ABS brake issue that's gone ignored.

As I mentioned, I think OP should call Volvo North America and open a ticket so they can check on the delayed feedback.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
He doesn't have to lemon law anything. And yes, we all know everyone should contact VCNA. But I'm sure you'll needlessly mention it a few more times.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
He doesn't have to lemon law anything. And yes, we all know everyone should contact VCNA. But I'm sure you'll needlessly mention it a few more times.
Note I said contact VCNA not executives and open a ticket. Sheesh.

No one HAS TO LEMON LAW...I never said he did... I mentioned it as a potential option if Volvo keeps brushing his concerns aside and doesn't get things repaired in a timely fashion -Exceeding 30 Days-. Op has every right to pass and wait it out, too.

Advice not gospel...

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

Thanks
Meiko,

Let me try to bypass all the other noise here and see if I can help you.

PM your name, VIN and the name of the Volvo retailer where your car is. I will make sure someone, at the Volvo Car US level, addresses your issue.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Meiko,

Let me try to bypass all the other noise here and see if I can help you.

PM your name, VIN and the name of the Volvo retailer where your car is. I will make sure someone, at the Volvo Car US level, addresses your issue.
Sounds like all the OP wants is acknowledgement and the problem resolved....Which maybe you can get the ball rolling and avoid him having to make phone calls in order to open a ticket.

Not sure how Op fell through cracks but I'm sure he'll greatly appreciate the help Grecian.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, again. I will hold off one more day, Monday, and talk with the dealer again today...will let you know :)

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
Thanks, again. I will hold off one more day, Monday, and talk with the dealer again today...will let you know :)
The "waiting for a reply from helpdesk" is just a stalling tactic. I've already been bamboozled by it before. If you want to play that game, call into Volvo customer service and complain about the slow response time from helpdesk. That will light a fire under both sides and if helpdesk is being responsive it will put the dealer in the doghouse for throwing helpdesk under the bus. If helpdesk is being unresponsive then it will still serve as a valid complaint to corporate. Unlikely though, its usually the dealer.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
The "waiting for a reply from helpdesk" is just a stalling tactic. I've already been bamboozled by it before. If you want to play that game, call into Volvo customer service and complain about the slow response time from helpdesk. That will light a fire under both sides and if helpdesk is being responsive it will put the dealer in the doghouse for throwing helpdesk under the bus. If helpdesk is being unresponsive then it will still serve as a valid complaint to corporate. Unlikely though, its usually the dealer.
Can't really point fingers. However, be it the dealer or help desk, the issue needs resolved. Because at some point, OP is going to get tired of waiting and playing games...This is what leads to people pursuing Lemon Law cases. Problems going unresolved for extended periods.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts