SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After WW II, service on import cars ranged somewhere between dismal and non-existent, with their goal to rise to the level of "shadetree" competence.<P>To help keep our sanity, those of us fortunate enough to own a VW or a Porsche<BR>tried to keep a light-hearted attitude towards such things. To keep yourself focussed on this goal, there was in those days a nice engraved brass plaque that you could get to mount in a prominent place on the dash board:<P> EVERY PART THAT BREAKS OR<BR> FALLS OFF THIS CAR HAS THE<BR> FINEST GERMAN WORKMANSHIP<P>I just got to thinking, maybe this is what we need for our Volvos. If we got together and made a group purchase, they wouldn't cost very much. <P>It would act as a reminder to keep a positive outlook and try to outgrow the silly notion that we should run whining to the dealer every time the tranny spills its innards out on the highway, or the engine refuses to start, or breaks down and strands you in the middle of nowhere.<BR>

·
Registered
528 Posts
Roger -<P>I'll take two please. But rest assured that I'll be hanging onto every last one of my silly notions!<P>- Darell

1 - 2 of 2 Posts