SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Volvo Car Corporation has signed a preliminary agreement with the Italian industrial design company Pininfarina. The document relates to technical cooperation for the development of a new model of Volvo. <p>This is the first time that Volvo has chosen Pininfarina as a business partner. Pininfarina is one of the largest industrial design companies in the world, and has in the past worked with Ferrari, Alfa Romeo and Peugeot amongst other brands. <p>If the deal goes ahead, it will be some months before a finalized agreement can be signed.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Volvo Cars Signs Design Agreement with Pininfarina (Ascari)

That's the part I don't get. I'm not a big fan of Pininfarina's more recent work, whereas new Volvo design is very distinct and very Volvo.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Re: Volvo Cars Signs Design Agreement with Pininfarina ([email protected])

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>That's the part I don't get. I'm not a big fan of Pininfarina's more recent work.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>Yup yup, that Enzo F60 thingy is just nasty looking. But if Pininfarina can do a super Volvo, that'll be something. Maybe if Volvo decides to do a MR 10 cylinder twin turbo, then it'd be worthwhile to ask help from Pininfarina.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Re: Volvo Cars Signs Design Agreement with Pininfarina ([email protected])

WOw!<br>What ever do they have up their sleeve. Maybe this is like the special Bertone design Volvo had for the 240. Pininfarina S60?

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Volvo Cars Signs Design Agreement with Pininfarina (mike_c70)

See that's the thing. I could see them going to Bertone because of the heritage, but otherwise, I don't get it. Volvo design seems to be very much on its game.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts