1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
153 Posts
Great news! While I was hoping my (hopefully) future V90 would be produced there, S60's are a great start ;-)

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
What will be sad is if the US-built cars don't live up to the quality of those built in China. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
396 Posts
So does that mean the s60 will be launched in 2018?
"Late in 2018". Could be that it will be built in Europe first, but I don't think so.

I only wonder if the next V60 will come even later, and not to speak of the next V60 CC...

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Great news, although I still wish this was happening outside Savannah...

I'm guessing the new SC factory will do 60-series SPA production primarily for NAFTA consumption. 90-series will be exclusive to Sweden. Eventual expansion will add 40-series.

I will remain optimistic that SC will eventually produce some or all of the three concepts, call them 70-series. Going to 90 vs 80 does leave a nice gap for something between 60 & 90. These would be lower volume with a price premium - LR gets $4k more for an Evoque with two fewer doors...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Volvo is SERIOUSLY committed to the U.S. market.

Man, I would even love to work in that factory.

Where's that joker from the Wall St Journal saying Volvo is history?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Once again Mark Twain is proved right about death rumors...:)
Hillarious!

This is part of the master plan till 2019.

Some pics from news:

Great that they used a Volvo excavator. Bad form to show up with a John Deere. :)

Where's that joker from the Wall St Journal saying Volvo is history?
It was "24/7 Wall Street", not "The Wall St Journal", that made that prediction. The clowns at "24/7 Wall Street" have an annual list of companies that they predict will go out of business, or will leave the US--Volvo was one of their predictions in 2013. These lists are wrong about 90% of the time. This list is an irresponsible piece of tripe designed to get attention.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts