Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Volvo Car Group announces October retail sales
Volvo Cars’ global sales up 12.6 per cent, strong growth in US

• Global retail sales of 45,801 cars in October
  • Significant growth in the US market
  • Continued positive development in Europe

Volvo Cars posted a 12.6 per cent increase in retail sales for the month of October, selling 45,801 cars globally. Sales of the new Volvo XC90 in the US market were a major growth driver for the month, while Europe reported continued sales increases as well.

The United States reported 7,422 retail sales, making it Volvo Cars’ biggest market in October. Sales were boosted by strong demand for the new Volvo XC90 which also was the best-selling Volvo model in the US for the month. Year-to-date sales in the US market are now up 12.5 per cent.

Retail sales in Europe as a whole were up by 5.2 per cent to a total of 24,468 cars. Sweden was the growth driver in Europe with a 9 per cent sales increase and a close to 22 per cent share of the Swedish market. Germany reported positive developments as well, being the second biggest market for the new Volvo XC90 in October.

Sales in China amounted to 7,066 cars in October, up 2.0 per cent versus the same month last year. The locally produced Volvo XC60 and S60L models are the best-selling Volvo models on the market.

The Volvo XC60 was the best-selling model in October with 12,645 sold cars (2014: 11,895), followed by the Volvo V40 and V40 Cross Country for which deliveries reached a total of 8,407 cars (2014: 9,981). The new Volvo XC90 was the third best-selling carline at 6,430 cars. Sales figures by model can be found in the Sales Volumes section of the Global Newsroom.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Finally a truly positive result, well done!

Not only did the XC90 do extremely well thanks to the deliveries speeding up, but the rest of the lineup has not suffered terribly as in the previous months either. The V40 has accelerated its decline which is worrying though.

I'm sure the new S90 will turn the tide in China.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Finally XC90s are delivered in full speed. Hopefully after Nov update there will be much less glitches and next year production will be big.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
where can we get just the US numbers by model?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
147 S60 CC were sold? Wow, just wow!

I thought it was 14.7, but then did a double take when I realized my error.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Not released yet, probably during the day.
Second highest, among all brands (behind Land Rover), YoY increase .

YTD, Volvo sales in the U.S. are up 12.5% (the entire market is growing this year at 5%); only Jaguar/Land Rover, Mitsubishi, Jeep, Audi, Infiniti and Subaru have posted larger YTD vs prior YTD increases.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
This is the first time since June 2012 that Volvo sold over 7,000 cars in the US.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
This is the first time since June 2012 that Volvo sold over 7,000 cars in the US.
Correct. And the best October since October 2008.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I hope XC90 has a good profit margin.

This is what Volvo needs now!!

BTW even S80 sales are up in US:D:D
Dealerships have a HUGE incentive to move their S80's. That number will dwindle and throw off the figures come may.

XC90 has a larger profit margin.. but really we aren't talking huge differences with Volvo and margins.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Second highest, among all brands (behind Land Rover), YoY increase .

YTD, Volvo sales in the U.S. are up 12.5% (the entire market is growing this year at 5%); only Jaguar/Land Rover, Mitsubishi, Jeep, Audi, Infiniti and Subaru have posted larger YTD vs prior YTD increases.
I guess that reports of Volvo's imminent demise were greatly exaggerated. I notice that the doom-and-gloom crowd on SS has gone very silent of late. ;)

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I hope XC90 has a good profit margin.
I'm sure it does, have you seen the prices? ;) The US is all about SUV's and Crossovers, so keep the momentum going from the XC90 by releasing the SPA V90CC and XC60 as soon as possible; especially the XC60, before it falls too far behind the competitor's new releases. Volvo is "on the radar" again, and getting good reviews (XC90) to boot, so take advantage of it.

Volvo, you should also be leaking more pics to the press and do more of the sneak peak adverts like you did with the XC90. I haven't seen any of this for the S/V90 (or XC60) except for the goofy diecast models. It's now November, what's going on?! This obviously sparks interest and would persuade many to put off a purchase (to a competitor) until the Volvo arrives.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Can we talk about the 87% increase over last October?:eek:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts