SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Gothenburg, Sweden-
Volvo Cars debuted the highly-anticipated Volvo S90 luxury sedan in Gothenburg, Sweden today on the heels of the company’s award-winning Volvo XC90 SUV. The all-new Volvo S90 sedan is a bold entry into the luxury sedan market and sets a new standard with superior materials, technology, comfort and class-leading semi-autonomous features.

FULL PRESS RELEASE

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Y O U K N O W W H A T G U Y S;

L o n g s t o r y s h o r t;

THEY DID IT AGAIN, you better BUCKLE UP, the RIDE is far from OVER! Hold on to your S E A T !

Next up: V90/CC-C70-POLESTAR
XC versions, you n a m e it! SKY realy T H E LIMIT

XC70 2011 D5

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
When I looked at the car this morning, I was not impressed and didn't want one.

When I looked again over the past half hour, I completely changed my mind and decided it's a very attractive car.

I look forward to seeing what the V90 looks like, and I hope the V90 will have a panoramic roof.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I love the front end, I think the lines are a little bland but OK, interior seems OK (but probably much more impressive in person if the XC90 is anything to go by) but I can't stand the rear end. I showed it to my wife just to see if I was nuts and her reaction was "Oh, oh! Oooh no that's hideous." (She tends to be blunt but generally has good taste in automobiles.) I can't put my finger on what it is that doesn't work, though. It doesn't seem to fit the rest of the car.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
When I looked at the car this morning, I was not impressed and didn't want one.

When I looked again over the past half hour, I completely changed my mind and decided it's a very attractive car.

I look forward to seeing what the V90 looks like, and I hope the V90 will have a panoramic roof.
As revealed on the leaked model, the V90 will have a panoramic sunroof option very like the XC90's.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The S90 T8's fuel tank is a rather small 50 liters, same as the XC90 T8. But unlike the XC90, the S90 FWD's tank is not much bigger at 55 liters and the S90 AWD's tank is just 60 liters.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Did we learn about the actual specs for the car (length, width, wheelbase, etc.)?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Compared to the XC90 it's about 0.5 inches longer, 2 inches narrower, 2 inches shorter in wheelbase, about 10 inches lower and 10% lighter. The S90 T8 is 2.15 tons, as against the XC90 T8's 2.35 tons, and is claimed to reach 62 mph in 5.2 seconds rather than 5.6 seconds, for example.

·
Registered
156 Posts
For me it's all in the rear lights. They morphed the traditional design language into LincolnAcura. Hopefully it wont be 10-years before they change them.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Wow two major dissapointments:
1- minimum kerb weight 1.8 tonnes, that is terrible!!! The new 5 series will be at least 200 kgs lighter than this, I honestly dont see Volvo competing well with the Germans...even the new 7 series is lighter than this pig
2- fuel tank is just 55L? Come on!

One thing which I wonder, how is the weight distribution?
1800kg... Wow. I thought a VR was heavy. Dear me I can't imagine how bad the wagon will be... Probably 200kg heavier like the S60 vs V60 or P2 S60 vs V70. Has a 6 speed option though... 55l should be fine... The VR only has like 70l and I fill it every 300 miles with 55l. And it burns a bit more fuel than a DrivE car...

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

XC70 2011 D5
Yeah, Jag has been stealing Volvo's thunder lately. The new F-Pace would have made a great XC60, as it is very XC Coupe-esque in exterior design cues. Just look at that lovely "step" in the upper rear fender. ;)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
V90 is slated for "early 2016 release" from what I read. No idea what that means, or if the States get them later.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Yeah, Jag has been stealing Volvo's thunder lately. The new F-Pace would have made a great XC60, as it is very XC Coupe-esque in exterior design cues. Just look at that lovely "step" in the upper rear fender. ;)

Jaq sucks... GameOver!

XC70 2011 D5

1 - 20 of 68 Posts