SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other Volvo-Cannondale mountain bike fans here? The team has changed quite a bit this year, losing Alison Sydor and Brian Lopes. I notice that there are no announced female riders this year too, kinda suspicious.<P>Indeed, I wonder how much longer Volvo will continue to sponsor a Cannondale, or even any bike team. They've been at it for 8 years now, and this should be the last year on the contract. <P>I noticed that SAAB only lasted only 1 year with Gary Fisher. <P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
I personally hope they renew it. Cannondale is a high end MTB much as Volvo is in the car market, and I think it adds to the brand, though I could be a little biased.<P>George<P>'97 850R<BR>'96 Cannondale KillerV 900

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, the two make for very expensive habits.<P>I don't think Volvo has made full use of Cannondale though. All the Volvo catalogs I see have Cannondale products from like 3-4 years ago. (notably red Super V's). <P>Cannondale does have that F5000 & F400 in Volvo livery so I guess you can't really say it hasn't held up its end of the deal. Unless you count not having any XC women riders this year.<P>I'd like to know what Volvo pays for the sponsorship deal though.<P>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts