SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
There were other concepts for the XC coupe and and XC40.
Volvo Concept XC Coupé
View attachment 121593
Apology for going off topic for second. There's such a simple elegance about not having that darn front hood line. Geez, why couldn't they also use in the Polestar 2. Hope the Volvo design/safety team finds a way to it.

Thanks for the C40 recharge pictures, hopefully in the summer time in NY, will be able to see it in person.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Polestar 1 and even 2 are pretty agreeable but this looks like a ugly duckling, and I also dislike the XC40 looks. There were much nicer concepts envisioned for XC40 .
Everybody comes from different backgrounds and perspectives. I personally think that the XC40 and the C40 BEVs both look a lot better than the current XC60 and XC90 models. Context: I'm not an SUV fan and prefer wagons, and can't wait for Volvo to come out with a (preferably Cross Country-like) wagon BEV. But I'm very impressed with the XC40 P8 (which I have test-driven, last month) and from what I have seen regarding the C40 in photos and videos, and I will give serious consideration to one of these BEVs being my next (fourth) Volvo. And Polestar has just announced a cheaper 2WD Polestar 2 (due out later this year) with perhaps 20-25% more range, which is also a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I love it. The blue interior is awesome.

Reactions: TomDac

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Setting aside the power train, is it a four-door C30 or shrunken XC40 ? Great pics, but I need some perspective.

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Thanks for posting! I do wish the efforts had been prioritized to diversify the electrified lineup first though. I think the C40 will take sales from the XC40 and little else. Not sure if there will be a reason to pick one over the other aside from style. While we've had no trouble selling our XC40 electrics, I have been surprised at the limited amount of tire kickers who just want to drive one. I realize folks are as big into cars as they once were.

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
So I had been really hoping the interior panels were either some sort of pixilation error with a camera, or else some sort of pre-production filler. But after doing my initial training on the car... I learned they are topographically inspired inserts... I don't even know how to begin to justify that =-D

·
Registered
13,991 Posts
They're just trying to be a little "edgy", lol.

Reactions: DFrantz

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope this car comes with the swing out tow ball. I was surprise to see the Polestar 2 offers one, but the XC40 Recharge comes with the square receiver. I'll take either though, just hope its included in that price.

·
Registered
2021, V60 CC
119 Posts
I hope this car comes with the swing out tow ball. I was surprise to see the Polestar 2 offers one, but the XC40 Recharge comes with the square receiver. I'll take either though, just hope its included in that price.
For North America, cars come with a folding square receiver plus the ball attachment and the clip in a nice Volvo compression bag.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts