SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance today to see the new Volvo C40 in person in Boston. Unfortunately I was not able to sit in the vehicle (only 2 built in the world) although I did have a chance to take interior pictures, walk around exterior video and 3D Scan the vehicle's exterior. Was also not able to get any real additional information. I guess it will only be sold as a top trim level, pricing should be out soon (what ever that means) and availably will be Q1 of 2022. Also I did confirm the glass roof (which is standard) does not have a sun shade with it. They claim the tint blocks 95% of the UV rays. Below are some of the pictures I took. Not sure what the best method for posting the remaining pictures (almost 40 additional pictures) and video would be.

Here are some of the exterior pictures.

·
Registered
13,991 Posts
Beautiful car - thanks for posting!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great set of pictures. The car looks better than I expected. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the photos! I love the way this car looks! Looks like that's at the Boston Harbor Hotel. Do you know how long they will be there for? I would love to see them in person! I have Volvo envy until my new S90 gets delivered next week! :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Polestar 1 and even 2 are pretty agreeable but this looks like a ugly duckling, and I also dislike the XC40 looks. There were much nicer concepts envisioned for XC40 . Wheels look like flying saucers. 3D printed "wood inlays".
The hood looks elegant but the pairing with the utilitarian body makes it a mish mash..
Can volvo please call pelle petterson..?? He is only 88..

·
Registered
2017 Volvo S60 T6 AWD R Design Platinum
548 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the photos! I love the way this car looks! Looks like that's at the Boston Harbor Hotel. Do you know how long they will be there for? I would love to see them in person! I have Volvo envy until my new S90 gets delivered next week! :)
You are correct. Today is there last day there. Hours are from 10-6. Although when I called the hotel to confirm they where there. They said they are around until 4. My guess is they have very little foot traffic.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Polestar 1 and even 2 are pretty agreeable but this looks like a ugly duckling, and I also dislike the XC40 looks. There were much nicer concepts envisioned for XC40 . Wheels look like flying saucers. 3D printed "wood inlays".
The hood looks elegant but the pairing with the utilitarian body makes it a mish mash..
Can volvo please call pelle petterson..?? He is only 88..
If you dislike the XC40 there is absolutely no chance you would have liked the C40.
The XC40 design language is a departure from the typical designs we have seen lately and some may not like it.

I know when my wife had an XC40 T5 R-design (crystal white) she was told several times a a week, by complete strangers, how beautiful her car was...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you dislike the XC40 there is absolutely no chance you would have liked the C40.
The XC40 design language is a departure from the typical designs we have seen lately and some may not like it.

I know when my wife had an XC40 T5 R-design (crystal white) she was told several times a a week, by complete strangers, how beautiful her car was...
I actually really like the XC40 and I am not really a fan of CUV/SUV at all. I think looking different and being a smaller efficient package helps. A lot of SUVs seem to be much larger dimensionally and heavier than a car equivalent.

·
Registered
530 Posts
What exactly do you mean by this statement? The XC40 looks almost identical to it concept counterpart...

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I actually really like the XC40 and I am not really a fan of CUV/SUV at all. I think looking different and being a smaller efficient package helps. A lot of SUVs seem to be much larger dimensionally and heavier than a car equivalent.
Well, that;s what people want. They want to ride in a larger vehicle and higher off the ground which an SUV accomplishes. Take a look at the Subaru Outback of a few years back vs today...today's Outback is a monster compared to the typical Subaru Legacy Outback wagon. It's what sells.

Reactions: DFrantz and WIwagon
1 - 20 of 36 Posts