SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THe dealer told me the unit costs $450, which seems high. I saw some on ebay but some of them say for premium audio only. I dont have the premium audio system so is what the dealer is trying to sell me diffrent or does the kit not work in non premium audio systems. Thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
Re: Volvo Bluetooth Instalation Questions. (adam3914)

I bought mine from Stamford Volvo's eBay store for about $290.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...81430

You can also get it from Boston Volvo http://www.bostonvolvo.com/car...b4c7f and many others for about the same price.

The harness would be different for the non-premium audio and I don't know if one is available for your car. You could always get the generic Motorola unit and splice into the speaker wires yourself.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Re: Volvo Bluetooth Instalation Questions. (adam3914)

This unit is made by motorolla and under their label it's 50% less expensive. What's up with the Volvo part being so much more? I've seen the Motorolla versions running between $115-$200

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Re: Volvo Bluetooth Instalation Questions. (littlewaywelt)

Quote, originally posted by littlewaywelt »
This unit is made by motorolla and under their label it's 50% less expensive. What's up with the Volvo part being so much more? I've seen the Motorolla versions running between $115-$200

The Volvo branded system plugs right into the stock Volvo wiring harness and the Motorolla one doesn't.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Volvo Bluetooth Instalation Questions. (Kaizai)

I have the Motorola IHF 1000 in my Pathfinder (I assume the Volvo unit is an IHF 850 because I don't think it has voice command).

I would like to be able to move it to my V70R at some point in time. Can you buy just the harness adapter to hook the unit into the back of the stero head unit?

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Re: Volvo Bluetooth Instalation Questions. (needsdecaf)

The version that was demonstrated to me by a regional rep a few months ago had voice command. My car is at the dealer now as they are trying to install BT. This is the second day and they just told me it won't be ready before the end of the day. I've got a feeling something went wrong...

·
Registered
392 Posts
It is the 1000 and is so labeled.

Took me an hour or so to install in an XC70. Strictly a (unplug and) plug and play. Most of the time was spent removing and reinstalling interior panels -- which I would think dealer techs could do faster than me!

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (jackf)

Quote, originally posted by jackf »
It is the 1000 and is so labeled.

Took me an hour or so to install in an XC70. Strictly a (unplug and) plug and play. Most of the time was spent removing and reinstalling interior panels -- which I would think dealer techs could do faster than me!

Where did you stash the control module, if you don't mine me asking?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Re: (needsdecaf)

I put the main box next to the firewall at the front of the center console. There was a space just the right size there. I put the control button module at the bottom of the audio/climate stack. My XC70 has the three dummy buttons and the 12V outlet -- I placed it in the open space between them.

The hardest part of the install was getting the radio, the bluetooth cables, and the USA-Spec cables, back in position.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Jack - do you happen to have P/N for the wiring harness? I'm having trouble get P/N for the S60 harness and thought at least having the XC90 # and saying "I want the same as THIS for the S60" might be a good start. I have a Motorola IHF1000 unit and have heard that there might be a compatibility issue with the Volvo harness - you heard anything like this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts