SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good reference of this blue color on a real car.
It's for paint calipers > Volvo blue 476
This is a sample of the color:

I found this car listed with Volvo Blue 476 but it doesn't look anything like the color sample above.
Sorry it's a beat-up S40. It's the only reference I could find:

Anyone would have some pictures of a Volvo in Blue 476? Or know where I could get other reference so I know if it matches or not?

Greg

·
Registered
808 Posts
That wrecked S40 is the correct color, it is called Brilliant Blue. Are you sure that you aren't confusing it with color code 467 Magic Blue, which is darker? That sample looks more like Magic Blue than Brilliant Blue, maybe the sample is marked wrong? Also, sometimes colors on the internet don't look like they should, this could be the case with the sample.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That wrecked S40 is the correct color, it is called Brilliant Blue. Are you sure that you aren't confusing it with color code 467 Magic Blue, which is darker? That sample looks more like Magic Blue than Brilliant Blue, maybe the sample is marked wrong?
That's quite possible... I'm going to double check the number on the sample...
I'll have to find a reference of that magic blue if that is that case...
I know what you are saying with internet pictures but it's really different not just a lighting effect it seems.

Edit:

No it says brilliant blue 476... Obviously something's not right...
http://www.g2usa.com/category/Volvo-Custom-Colors.html

·
Registered
808 Posts
It could possibly be an error in their catalog listing. Look up 467 Magic Blue and you should see that it looks like the sample.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could possibly be an error in their catalog listing. Look up 467 Magic Blue and you should see that it looks like the sample.
Thanks sjmcarz! It looks like it's going to be an other of those impossible color match. I was looking for a caliper paint that would be as close to the Volvo brand logo or more precisely as close to the color of the front badge on my car... Not an easy task....

·
Registered
808 Posts
TG, were you able to get a match for the Volvo logo? If not, take a look at a 2007 Honda color called Fiji Blue Pearl. A co-worker has that color on his car and looks like a good match.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone find the Volvo logo color code? Someone said Blue 072 might be a good match,just wondering if someone has the actual color code.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I'm sure he meant Nautic Blue number 417

1 - 9 of 9 Posts