SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good reference of this blue color on a real car.
It's for paint calipers > Volvo blue 476
This is a sample of the color:

I found this car listed with Volvo Blue 476 but it doesn't look anything like the color sample above.
Sorry it's a beat-up S40. It's the only reference I could find:

Anyone would have some pictures of a Volvo in Blue 476? Or know where I could get other reference so I know if it matches or not?

Greg

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
476 is brilliant blue metallic and that S40 IS in brilliant blue. I think you've been given a code which isn't up to date. Maybe an older one from a different car. Seems like a dark blue. Maybe an old 700/900 colour code?

This is brilliant blue metallic as well:

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like it's not going to be an easy match as always :(
Ideally I was looking for some caliper paint as close to Volvo Brand color as possible (preferably of the Volvo logo on the front badge) but It's such a pain to get a color that is near where close... I'll have to keep looking and struggling with it I'm afraid...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
The blue found in the Volvo badge should be Laser Blue (or Autobahn sign blue). Volvo used the same or near to same colour (as a metallic) on the S70 R/V70 R (1. gen on 850 base). That would look sweet! :)

Depending on V70 I or V70 II ist can be Sonic Blue (470)

Or Laser Blue (441):

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I'm looking more for that one:

Variance based on how lighting hits metallic finish which is closer to what I'm looking for but very hard to match :(

The one you show is closer to Polestar branding... Not that I don't like it! more that I'm trying to consolidate a color scheme...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I know what colour the Volvo badge is. The Sonic blue (which is a metallic paint) is really really close to the Volvo blue. Why not simply contact Volvo Gothenburg and ask them what colour it is and if Volvo has it in their programme!?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not simply contact Volvo Gothenburg and ask them what colour it is and if Volvo has it in their programme!?
I have not thought of that... I'll look into it.
I don't think Volvo is even consistent themselves with their blue to be honest... I know how it goes in the product development process.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Well they did only change to blue a few years ago. Before that: black and chrome...

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
That is brilliant blue metallic. 476. Like above in the picture of the C30. A rich colour.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like above in the picture of the C30. A rich colour.
Okay then that's what I'm looking for.
Yes it is a rich color. I wish Volvo US would offer that one! Much better than their other blue imo.

I'd hate to waste money but I might try that paint. The picture might be way darker than what it may look like in real life.
First of all I'll probably shoot an email to G2paint...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
The V50 was offered in that colour in the states. Even the C30 was offered in that. But it was only offered until 2010. 2011 it was taken out of the catalogues.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The V50 was offered in that colour in the states. Even the C30 was offered in that. But it was only offered until 2010. 2011 it was taken out of the catalogues.
What a shame!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts