·
Registered
1,519 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You need to unwrap the bracket and post a picture of it
Good idea, I will do. I wrapped them to protect against hardware that poked through the packaging, THEN took photos.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
955 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Weekend shopping bump for a pretty neat Volvo accessory!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
A "spend your tax refund on this cool Volvo accessory" bump. :D

165.00 including the drill bit shipped within the continental U.S.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Good Evening.

I might be interested if this mounting bracket will mount to my '00vr.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good Evening.

I might be interested if this mounting bracket will mount to my '00vr.
Hello Brick. I don't see why the bracket would not work** for a `00 but I can almost say with 100% certainty the rest of the kit won't work with the car. I thought of this kit as well; the bracket in particular for my (former) `98 and then sell off the rest of the components (interior switch and wiring harness). **My only concern is there is a difference behind the bumper of the `00 and P2 bumpers. I believe the reason for the drill bit is to drill into a metal "brace" behind a P2 bumper where threaded sleeves are inserted and bolts used to reinforce the bracket.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hello Brick. I don't see why the bracket would not work** for a `00 but I can almost say with 100% certainty the rest of the kit won't work with the car. I thought of this kit as well; the bracket in particular for my (former) `98 and then sell off the rest of the components (interior switch and wiring harness). **My only concern is there is a difference behind the bumper of the `00 and P2 bumpers. I believe the reason for the drill bit is to drill into a metal "brace" behind a P2 bumper where threaded sleeves are inserted and bolts used to reinforce the bracket.
Thank you for the response jmm155. Looks like i wont need the bracket at this time. My baby was hit by drunk driver parked in front of my place. Hit and run. Significant Damage to the driver side rear. The police caught the A$$hole. RIP '00vr!:mad:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for the response jmm155. Looks like i wont need the bracket at this time. My baby was hit by drunk driver parked in front of my place. Hit and run. Significant Damage to the driver side rear. The police caught the A$$hole. RIP '00vr!:mad:
Oh crap. sorry to hear about your `00. At least the Jacka$$ was caught. Hope the car can be salvaged and you keep it. All the best.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A "the kids don't need diapers this week and I'm spending the money on this cool Volvo accessory" bump.....:D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Curious where does the switch mount inside the car?
I believe it is installed next to the DSTC button on the console. I added a photo of the switch to my original post. Hope this info helps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts