SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.car...o-s60-v60-xc60-polestar-engineered-confirmed/

Just noticed that a thread on this has not yet been started.

It seems that Volvo is still committed to their Polestar tuned cars, with this new release proving such. The best part of this all is that finally, the Polestar Engineered cars WILL be available to buy and WILL be built in higher numbers!! All 60-series body styles will be available.

SVA

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
I wish they still make Polestar Engineered T6 cars. Many people will like it. The 360HP cyan blue Polestar cars should be carried on, even with different color.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
13,494 Posts
I wish they still make Polestar Engineered T6 cars. Many people will like it. The 360HP cyan blue Polestar cars should be carried on, even with different color.

I agree, but in Volvo speak these days "Polestar" means a vehicle with an electrified powertrain - they've been pretty clear about that.

I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard to create an "R Design Plus" with suspension, brakes, wheels from the Polestar. I will be shopping for a set of these wheels when the cars are out for awhile - would look nice on my car.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Glad to see that they won’t just be through CBV (and more widely produced)!

I’ll take one in matte grey... (photos are of a 2019)

https://www.media.volvocars.com/glo...-s60-polestar-engineered-exterior-matte-grey1

http://www.canadianautoreview.ca/news/2019-volvo-s60.html

Wonder if this also means a T8 P* tune will finally be available across the models for the U.S. market?
T8 P* tune for MY2019+ models may be possible since they reduced standard horsepower by 10HP. Maybe now possible to apply the tune and still meet same EPA certfication. MY2018 will still not get the treatment.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
I agree, but in Volvo speak these days "Polestar" means a vehicle with an electrified powertrain - they've been pretty clear about that.

I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard to create an "R Design Plus" with suspension, brakes, wheels from the Polestar. I will be shopping for a set of these wheels when the cars are out for awhile - would look nice on my car.
The thing is they seems give up on 360HP gas engine cars that need to be EPA certified separately.
Maybe sales number of 2016-2018 P* S60/V60 is just too low and now they are not interested any more.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Wondering if the new V60 Polestar will be ARB approved so those of us in CA can get the HOV lane sticker. I've been thinking about trading in my '14 XC60 R-Design with Polestar and Heico suspension for an XC60 T8 (which does qualify for the sticker), but I was kind of underwhelmed when I test drove one recently vs. my current ride.

Thinking the V60 Polestar could be a better fit.

·
Registered
162 Posts

Yah I 2nd that 👍🏼
Now you need to get the plug in hybrid T8 to get a Polestar vehicle. So this T6 2018 Polestar will be Collectables .

·
Registered
228 Posts
From the Canadian Auto Review article linked above about the PE T8 S60:

“You can also expect an S60 Cross Country model to come down the pipeline in the near future, as well as a full-blown S60 Polestar to match the likes of the BMW M3 and Mercedes-AMG C 63.”

Should we read anything into this, I would think this Polestar engineered S60 is probably it for new S60 versions, or would Volvo be planning anything additional?

Considering this article is almost a year old...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From the Canadian Auto Review article linked above about the PE T8 S60:

“You can also expect an S60 Cross Country model to come down the pipeline in the near future, as well as a full-blown S60 Polestar to match the likes of the BMW M3 and Mercedes-AMG C 63.”

Should we read anything into this, I would think this Polestar engineered S60 is probably it for new S60 versions, or would Volvo be planning anything additional?

Considering this article is almost a year old...
I find it odd that Volvo wants to persist with the S60CC considering it’s lack of popularity. A “full-blown” Polestar could be very cool, but who knows if they would make one or not. Volvo seems comitted to making the S60 sporty and there have been multiple performance variants in the past so it’s a guessing game really.

SVA

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
I find it odd that Volvo wants to persist with the S60CC considering it’s lack of popularity. A “full-blown” Polestar could be very cool, but who knows if they would make one or not. Volvo seems comitted to making the S60 sporty and there have been multiple performance variants in the past so it’s a guessing game really.

SVA
That report is one year ago and could be way off. They will not create S60CC again, I bet. Also no pure ICE 360HP S60 again, I can almost bet.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just wish it cam it more colours. I find the colours very boring . They only way to get Bursting Blue in Canada is the get a T6 RD....and no more Passion Red at all.

·
Registered
162 Posts
So same horsepower a Polestar T8 vehicle will have if you bought a Rdesign T8 and get the Polestar option.

That does seem right👎🏼

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So same horsepower a Polestar T8 vehicle will have if you bought a Rdesign T8 and get the Polestar option.

That does seem right👎🏼
The V70 T5 and V70R in the P80 generation had the same horsepower, so that’s commonplace for Volvo.

·
Registered
544 Posts
So the S60 MY19 Polestar Engineered was limited to what ~20 cars (correct me if I'm wrong).

Do we know
  • The number of Polestar Engineered cars for MY20 (I'm looking at the V60)?
  • The availability of them?

I'm really looking at the V60 PE as it's a T8. I really hope you can detune those Öhlins because as much as I love them, the roads around here are killers!

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
So the S60 MY19 Polestar Engineered was limited to what ~20 cars (correct me if I'm wrong).

Do we know

I'm really looking at the V60 PE as it's a T8. I really hope you can detune those Öhlins because as much as I love them, the roads around here are killers!
They don't publish a hard limit number. Since it can be ordered through OSD and dealer, it has to be available for several months at least to make sense. Will it be available on dealer's lot is another question though. Maybe just a few.

Those Ohlins struts are adjustable, it looks to me.

·
Registered
13,494 Posts

Do we know

If I was going to get one of these I'd do it via OSD. It seems pretty reasonable for $63k IMO.

Hopefully someone from VCUSA can provide some clarity on availability.

Yes, the shocks are adjustable (I have them on my '16 P*) but they are still pretty firm even at their softest setting. The new V60 P* only being available with 19" wheels (compared to 20" on the previous gen cars) should help with harshness also.

I would suggest to try to find an older P* car to test drive to get a feel for the shocks but the platforms are so different going from P3 to SPA that I don't think it would be a worthwhile comparison and may mislead you.

·
Registered
544 Posts
If I was going to get one of these I'd do it via OSD. It seems pretty reasonable for $63k IMO.

Hopefully someone from VCUSA can provide some clarity on availability.

Yes, the shocks are adjustable (I have them on my '16 P*) but they are still pretty firm even at their softest setting. The new V60 P* only being available with 19" wheels (compared to 20" on the previous gen cars) should help with harshness also.

I would suggest to try to find an older P* car to test drive to get a feel for the shocks but the platforms are so different going from P3 to SPA that I don't think it would be a worthwhile comparison and may mislead you.
Where did you find the pricing? $63K is not too bad. Also of course OSD! :) I wouldn't consider not doing an OSD for our next car. Thanks for the pricing info.

I think the stars might finally be aligning!

·
Registered
13,494 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts