SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing the Volvo accessory bluetooth handsfree kit in a friend's 2008 S80. We used the 2-part Volvo harness and a Motorola IHF1000 carkit that connects up to it.

The kit is powering up and reacting to button presses (I'm able to put it into pairing mode), but the factory radio does not mute and the phone audio is not passing through the car speakers.

The mute line is connected to pin9 of the 10pin green connector on the side of the gearshift assembly - as stated in the Volvo instructions (you see the connector from the driver's side footwell, I think it connects to the CEM? - the instructions could have been a little clearer on the location of this connector, BTW).

So, the instructions mention connecting to VIDA for SW upgrades, if necessary. My question is: what needs to be coded or SW upgraded to get the vehicle to recognize the Mute trigger from the carkit and pass the carkit audio through the radio? And, has anyone found a dealer to do this for them and what did it cost?

Thanks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Feedback from 2 dealers that I called is ~$175 :eek: to code/upgrade the vehicle to accept the handsfree accessory.

Whatcha gonna do...? :mad: They have the diagnostic computer and the SW to do the reprogramming.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Not really surprising. I paid a bit over $100 just to have my DRLs turned off, even when they'd already have my car hooked up for something else. Definitely feels a bit steep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts