SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Reading the Volvo notes. Sad. Volvo and Google are again releasing software with known glitches and inconveniences. It also seems Google may be limiting the interoperability and capability with Apple Carplay as they are competitors. The way this reads is using Carplay has some inconveniences (and again, incomplete and buggy software engineering). Instead of v2.2 note stating that video apps will now work, but saying it is to be upgraded later - then don’t mention it. It becomes a neat new feature at next update. Which would be a pleasant change as almost all updates were fixes.

When Volvo says audio may be lost, are you aware this means no audio alerts for turn signals, parking sensors, lane change? This happened to us. It comes back a few minutes on the road or after resetting the infotainment system.

The only “new” software capability in 9 months of ownership of a 2022 is Sirius XM, which came 3-4 months after purchase. But, should have been there at date of purchase.

Don’t get me wrong, we really love the car otherwise, but our car has been to the dealer now 4x since purchase in Sept ‘21 for several software issues, nothing mechanical nor electrical. Getting hard to keep the love. (BTW - this is USA spec)

·
Registered
2022 XC60 B5
22 Posts
Update: Called my dealer, and they confirmed they have software 2.2 with CarPlay. When they pulled my VIN, they also confirmed that the software needed to be installed at the dealer and is considered a "soft recall" for the USA XC60s B5 for the update, and it will not be OTA at this time. My appointment is next week, and they will reinstall it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm over an hour into attempting the update. I pulled the car out of the garage first, just in case.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It seemed to go pretty well. I did not get the "new update complete" notification so I was a bit worried. I waited 3 hours before attempting to start. All looks fine so far. I'll try Car Play later when I find my usb cable. I'm assuming that wireless connection is out from what I've read. All apps are up to date and no sign of any battery drainage. I did need to turn the radio back on but that's not abnormal in my experience with past updates.

Reactions: formare

·
Registered
2022 XC60 B5
22 Posts
UPDATE (sort of): Update notes now show 2.2. Before, Dealer service update to 2.2, the update notes only listed v2.1 changes. 2.2 Notes refer to Apple CarPlay, but could not find it. Connected iPhone 13 Pro, no CarPlay screen appears. Searched manual nothing. Only change I noticed is larger font for time in the upper right of center display. No space increase between time and Profile status. We have to return to dealer anyway to install a rear left A/C vent which broke and will ask them to update to 2.2 again.
Update:

Recap, I have a 2022 XC60 USA market with AAOS and SW 2.2. Took delivery of the car two weeks ago with 2.2 without CarPlay. When CarPlay was being rolled out, the 2022 XC60 USA was still not eligible for OTA updates.

Update! I Made an appointment with the dealer, and they reinstalled SW 2.2 with CarPlay, and everything is working super well and interacting nicely with AAOS :) It was not much to convince them to do it because the service advisor showed me that my VIN had it as an outstanding eligible item that needed to be completed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So after 2 weeks of pretty flawless operation with 2.2 I had a couple of strange glitches yesterday. After unplugging the car fully charged when I got in to start it the brake pedal appeared to be locked in place, had to push 3 times before it moved. After starting the car I rolled down both front windows simultaneously which turned off the radio :) Following that I couldn't get CarPlay to work, system kept telling my to plug in my phone, which was already plugged in of course. I got it working after unplugging 4 times and everything was fine after that. Although the radio now has to be restarted every time I start the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I posted this in another 2.2 thread. Dealer installed 2.2 for 2nd time. CarPlay now installed and operating well. But, making several Google features inoperative while CarPlay active is another frustrating inconvenience. A new 2.2 issue is the wireless charging creates a lot of heat in my iPhone 13. So much so that getting in a hot car after being parked and wirelessly charging phone, the heat generated shut down my phone on high temps. And charging status was only 70%. It has been hot before when charging, but it seems 2.2 makes it even hotter. Someone posted the 2023 models won’t have wireless charging. I think Volvo just gave up.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The wireless charging on iPhones has always been an issue. I have an iPhone 12 Pro and from day 1 (Sept 2021) it’s unusable due to the heat it generates - and the iphone ultimately shuts down due to heat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
System decided to reboot itself on start up yesterday, not sure what that was all about. Iphone now takes 2 or 3 attempts to sync with the car but works perfectly once it does.

I really love the car but driving with the constant worry about the operating system is something I didn't bargain for. Prior to that my only concern was not having a spare tire. :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts