SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
on Volvo's UK website v2.2 seems to be available. Guess most other markets are to follow shortly:

Software Update Volvo XC60 T8 Recharge Late 2022

Updates in software V2.2
  • Introduction of Apple CarPlay.
  • Video apps can now be used in the car when parked. Video apps will be available in Google Play Store at a later time.
  • Reduced rate of false “no entry” traffic sign alerts.
  • Improved compatibility with iPhone, including wireless charging.
  • Drivetrain optimisation adjustments.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Localized websites are being updated. The US website wasn’t showing it until about an hour ago.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing what "drivetrain optimization adjustments" actually means.

·
Registered
14 Posts
One more change for non-recharge model

Updates in software V2.2
  • Video apps can now be used in the car when parked. Video apps will be available in Google Play Store at a later time.
  • Applies to Iceland: Preparations to support connectivity functions for Google Automotive Services.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi all,
on Volvo's UK website v2.2 seems to be available. Guess most other markets are to follow shortly:

Software Update Volvo XC60 T8 Recharge Late 2022

Updates in software V2.2

It’s gone now…

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok great, but which years :)
ROFLMAO - i can only guess that their SW quality control found issues way too late. sadly, reading history on these forums, seems carplay was promised for 2021 so you actually might not (sadly) be ironical at all in your comment about 'which year'

... with this tempo/pace/speed i think in 2023 we might actually be able to have rudimentary trip-computer on (some) screen and in 2024 it will show in easy way are you driving on electricity or ICE and if latter what's your current fuel consumption and in 2025 dashboard might show google or apple or waze maps.
2026 will be a surprise year. maybe voice control will after 'turn climate off' not respond to 'turn climate on' with ' i do not know how to do that' 🙃

·
Registered
11 Posts
In New Jersey, USA brought my early ‘22 XC60 T8 Inscription for warranty service - post v2.1 issues: infotainment kept re-starting when switching to using other key fob; intermittent no audio, even turn signal audio not working until infotainment start-up complete; battery drains faster when in hybrid mode and destination in Google maps (it used to dwindle down to 0 miles when arrived at destination); 2nd row vent louvers came off swivel hole. No codes reported. Fix was to update to v2.2. Excited knowing this contained Apple Car Play. But, no Car Play. Battery drain still there. Update notes had same 2.1 changes, no v2.2 notes. Thinking it was a v2.2 dealer service version. Now concerned when and if the full 2.2 arrives in USA, the car will not update to Car Play version as it will see v2.2 already installed.

·
Registered
2022 XC60 B5
22 Posts
In New Jersey, USA brought my early ‘22 XC60 T8 Inscription for warranty service - post v2.1 issues: infotainment kept re-starting when switching to using other key fob; intermittent no audio, even turn signal audio not working until infotainment start-up complete; battery drains faster when in hybrid mode and destination in Google maps (it used to dwindle down to 0 miles when arrived at destination); 2nd row vent louvers came off swivel hole. No codes reported. Fix was to update to v2.2. Excited knowing this contained Apple Car Play. But, no Car Play. Battery drain still there. Update notes had same 2.1 changes, no v2.2 notes. Thinking it was a v2.2 dealer service version. Now concerned when and if the full 2.2 arrives in USA, the car will not update to Car Play version as it will see v2.2 already installed.
This is my concern too. I have SW 2.2, and two days ago, it did not have CarPlay mentioned. Today in my USA market, it now lists CarPlay with 2.2 and all the bugs that come with it. I am so confused if it is just remotely turned on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
UPDATE (sort of): Update notes now show 2.2. Before, Dealer service update to 2.2, the update notes only listed v2.1 changes. 2.2 Notes refer to Apple CarPlay, but could not find it. Connected iPhone 13 Pro, no CarPlay screen appears. Searched manual nothing. Only change I noticed is larger font for time in the upper right of center display. No space increase between time and Profile status. We have to return to dealer anyway to install a rear left A/C vent which broke and will ask them to update to 2.2 again.

·
Registered
2022 XC60 B5
22 Posts
UPDATE (sort of): Update notes now show 2.2. Before, Dealer service update to 2.2, the update notes only listed v2.1 changes. 2.2 Notes refer to Apple CarPlay, but could not find it. Connected iPhone 13 Pro, no CarPlay screen appears. Searched manual nothing. Only change I noticed is larger font for time in the upper right of center display. No space increase between time and Profile status. We have to return to dealer anyway to install a rear left A/C vent which broke and will ask them to update to 2.2 again.
Let me know when they and IF they reflash your car with 2.2 and if CarPlay is included. My dealer won't do it unless there is a specific problem, and they swear up and down they did not receive a revised version of 2.2. I also noticed you have a 22 XC60 T8 so I do not see a problem. I have a 2022 XC60 B5, and the OTA is halted as per this document below:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts