SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a small question to anyone, in case you happened to know the answer. <p>Trying to install a Auto rear view Mirror on a 850 95. I did not expect when i got the mirror that for an S/V 70 the electrical connectors change...specially the 24/2. I can't find the exact pin the installations call for from the S/V70 connector 24/2 to 850 for just a wire. The auto dim mirror has three wires, and I got two of them connected to the auxiliary yellow one as suggested in the instructions, but I have ended up with one blue one that is supposed to go to the 24/2 connector on a S/V 70. Any hints??? or what is this wire supposed to power up? the negative was connected the auxiliary one together with a brown one. I isolated this wire with some tape, but would like to know if anyone ran into this before and see if can finish the installation without any further digging.. Very appreciated for any help.<p>Thanks Arian

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Volvo 850 Auto Rear View Mirror (arianvolvo)

I was hoping JRL would have ran into this, but seems not, or he hasn't seen it yet perhaps....

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

I haven't a clue

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Volvo 850 Auto Rear View Mirror (JRL)

I found out that the Mirror works without the last wire connected. There is button on the bottom of the mirror and had to press this. Then an LED greed led in next to the, I believe it is a camera or something, and the mirror works. Perhaps the next wire may be for a compass or something like that, but I don't see where I can connect it. Don't know what the voltage required for it is anyway so I don't want to connect it to a 12V supply and then burn anything. So far so good. It would have been nice to know though what the blue wire was supposed to do on that mirror.

·
Registered
378 Posts

Might check here for pretty much every volvo wiring diagram out there. It's in a foreign language but I don't think the diagrams are.<p><A HREF="http://mojevolvo.pl/wiki/Strona_główna" TARGET="_blank">http://mojevolvo.pl/wiki/Strona_główna</A>

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Volvo 850 Auto Rear View Mirror (darag2358)

THanks Dan,<p>Started to make a folder with the diagrams now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts