SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I´m working on an 850 GLT and I need more power. :) :)

I know that is easier to do it with a turbo engine but I have to use the original engine because it´s a car for amateur races.

I was thjinking about to install a better air filter, T5 inyectors, MSD ignition coil and a new eshaust.

How can I get more compression ratio?? I think I need more RPM and less weigh.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,680 Posts
Air filter isn't the bottleneck. Make the head and exhaust flow. Look at what was done to the BTCC cars and what the guys in Sweden ace doing. They regularly get 200+HP out of NAs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your answers.

I want to do a BTCC replica with a NA engine.

This is my parts list:

Bilstein + eibach suspension
MSD ignition coil
T5 intake manifold
Stainless steel exhaust manifold
T5 clutch
IPD front and rear antisway bars
Rear spoiler
Btcc vinyl kit

·
Registered
16,680 Posts
Why are you using a T5 intake manifold? N or RN T5?

Skip the IPD sways, quality is horrible. There are OE options that do the same thing but at MUCH higher quality.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why are you using a T5 intake manifold? N or RN T5?

Skip the IPD sways, quality is horrible. There are OE options that do the same thing but at MUCH higher quality.
I think the t5 intake manifold is shorter than the GLT. Which is the N or RN T5 ?? Here we say 850T5, multi ignition coil engine and dual VVT engine.

thanks for your answer.

·
Registered
16,680 Posts
The revised manifold comes in 1999.

Why do you want a shorter manifold for NA?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The revised manifold comes in 1999.

Why do you want a shorter manifold for NA?
I thought than a shorter intake manifold was better for a NA engine.

Have I got to find a 1999 NA intake manifold with the trottle body under it???

·
Registered
16,680 Posts
I thought than a shorter intake manifold was better for a NA engine.
For turbo engines, yes, because the air is under pressure. The answer is not so simple for NA. Intake runner length was a noticeable impact on where your powerband ends up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello.

I keep working on the car.

I'm thinking about to install a 5 in line carbs. What do you think about this??

Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello

I keep working in the car. Now it has a"new" engine. The old one has a problem with the cylinder head gasket.

Today I'm thinking about brakes. I'm going to install a C70 complete brake system because it has one brake line(sorry id it isn't the right word) for every Wheel. Is there a Bigger brake master cilinder than an automátic car???

I also want to install the rear axle of a C70 (2 brake calipers, 2 brake line)

The next step is the exhaust.

I have to work fast because next month my car will race un the Ascari circuit.

Best regards.

·
Registered
16,680 Posts
Hello

I keep working in the car. Now it has a"new" engine. The old one has a problem with the cylinder head gasket.

Today I'm thinking about brakes. I'm going to install a C70 complete brake system because it has one brake line(sorry id it isn't the right word) for every Wheel. Is there a Bigger brake master cilinder than an automátic car???

I also want to install the rear axle of a C70 (2 brake calipers, 2 brake line)

The next step is the exhaust.

I have to work fast because next month my car will race un the Ascari circuit.

Best regards.
I'm confused. Pictures of your current brake system?

C70 delta link is slightly wider than a sedan/estate delta link. It'll work but just something to be aware of if you want a wider rear track or not.

·
Registered
83 Posts
So if C70s delta link is wider and works on an 850 does that means you could get rear track without the use of wheels spacers? This seems like a great option for a track car. Do you know how much wider the links are?

·
Registered
16,680 Posts
So if C70s delta link is wider and works on an 850 does that means you could get rear track without the use of wheels spacers? This seems like a great option for a track car. Do you know how much wider the links are?
Correct. I believe it's about 25mm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The C70 delta link is 25 mm wilder than the 850 one and it has a better brake system with 2 brake pipes from the ABS unit. The 850 has got only one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Last week instaled a T5 flywheel with a GLT clutch. It's over 1 kg less than the original. The car works fine.

Now I'm waiting for the new water radiator. I have bought a Nissens radiator, it's 40 mm, like a diésel engine. But the first radiator in the car will be a oil cooler. I'm gong to use an automatic gearbox oil cooler from a C70 with a 850 T5 oil pipes.

You can watch photos in my instagram: La gorrinera Volvo 850 BTCC.

Thanks

·
Registered
17,311 Posts
Woah. you have square runners or the dual plane intake on that

1 - 20 of 20 Posts