SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Funny.. we were on the Volvo Intranet yesterday and saw the 75AE listed. I tried to do some searching here and no info was out there..at that point, now we know. Not knowing the options, we ordered one. Should be interesting. Lets guess the MSRP....55K?

That DVD system would be better suited on the wagons, don't you think?

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, but that'd price the wagon pretty darn high. It's interesting though, whether there'd be a market for it.

Apparently, Audi is thinking VERY seriously about doing an Avant (audi speak for wagon) based on the A8. I wonder if Volvo will react to that, or if the XC90 will be the high end of the wagon range.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I don't get why they wouldn't put that stuff in a wagon either, at least part of it.

I'd consider a wagon like this for carting around the kids, but I don't want an SUV like the XC90.

That's pretty interesting that Audi will be doing an A8 wagon. Gotta wonder if MB and BMW will follow suit.

As far as I can tell, Audi is Volvo's closest competitor.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts

A picture is worth a thousand words!
I think those wheels look great! I am not really sure that an $70k wagon would sell very well, but anything is possible.

-Drew

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Drew,

Maybe I wasn't clear. All I want in the wagon is the DVD system.

I wish Volvo would offer cars that people want to buy insteed of cars they want to build.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Phil Pugliese:
Drew,

Maybe I wasn't clear. All I want in the wagon is the DVD system.

I wish Volvo would offer cars that people want to buy insteed of cars they want to build.
Phil,

You were clear.
Actually, I was refering to an Audi A8 based wagon, as it might be a hard sell. I think that having a DVD system optional in all Volvo wagons would be an excellent idea.

-Drew

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Phil Pugliese:
Not knowing the options, we ordered one. Should be interesting. Lets guess the MSRP....55K?

How did you order one when the system will not accept it, yet? It just shows that the "75th Anniversary" is one of the "available" versions of a 2002.5 S80 but the system will not let you complete the order, for the time being. The factory will reject the order (if you were able to have the computer accept such change) once it changes from "PPF" status to "FPF". They are not scheduled for production, yet.

Remember, if I don't have it then no one has it! Hehehe!

Yannis

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:

How did you order one when the system will not accept it, yet? It just shows that the "75th Anniversary" is one of the "available" versions of a 2002.5 S80 but the system will not let you complete the order, for the time being. The factory will reject the order (if you were able to have the computer accept such change) once it changes from "PPF" status to "FPF". They are not scheduled for production, yet.

Remember, if I don't have it then no one has it! Hehehe!

Yannis

Rob called and Frank asked him to allocate us one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just ordered the Anniversary Edition. I will take delivery in Sweden around 16 July. When will the first ones be delivered? Has anyone driven one yet? This is going to be a rough 2 months of waiting. I'm in Germany and will pay $42,300 (U.S. Speks). How is that compared to stateside prices? So far I have added everything but the Nav system. Is it worth $2400? Just for the record this will be my 3rd Volvo. My wife is still driving our 95 850 wagon. I looked at a lot of cars including the very nice BMW 530i. The Volvo just felt right.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Congratulations! You got a really nice car!

As far as I know, the MSRP here in the States is set at $45,995 USD, but if you add options it tops $50k USD.

-Drew

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was ready to order a BMW 525 until this deal came alone. Actually the base price for the US spec model I orderd was $39,950. I added the Nav system for an extra cost which took it up to the $42,000 range. My wife can't read a map and I don't stop and ask for directions. The way the pricing sheet read, the Nav system comes with the DVD's for the U.S.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Geek! Are you going thru Capitol Motors? I almost went for the 530i. When do you pick yours up? I have to wait until 16 July. So far I have everything but the Nav System in mine. Where do you work? I'm out at Sembach. Good to see a fellow K-Town person here.

Glen

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Gangelt:
Hey Geek! Are you going thru Capitol Motors? I almost went for the 530i. When do you pick yours up? I have to wait until 16 July. So far I have everything but the Nav System in mine. Where do you work? I'm out at Sembach. Good to see a fellow K-Town person here.

Glen
Good ol' Kaiserslautern!!! I played in a soccer tournament there when I was 17...

Is the local soccer team, F.c. Kaiserslautern in the 1st division of the Bundesliga still or have they been relegated?

Yannis

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Geek:
FCK didn't fair too well this year. I think they took 4th place. Same league. Tough to get tickets.
4th, in Bundesliga, isn't that bad. At least that qualified them for the UEFA Cup competition, this Fall.

BTW, I watched the final of the UEFA Cup; Borussia Dortmund vs. Feyenoord...what a match! Amongst the most exciting I have seen in the last decade! Too bad Borussia did not win it. I have always liked them, especially that stadium of theirs...

Yannis

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im hearing scarry rumors that the alloys on the above picture are not the ones on this edition! I love those wheels. If this is true (please say it's not) where did this picture come from and why did they tease me
? I have this picture as my wallpaper and will not be as happy with different wheels. Boy the things in life worth bitching about!
Anyone know the real story?

Glen

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Gangelt:
Im hearing scarry rumors that the alloys on the above picture are not the ones on this edition! I love those wheels. If this is true (please say it's not)
I am really sorry to disappoint you (I am equally disappointed and I am not buying the car!)...but these wheels are not going to make it to the US. Blame it on the old fart who is the head of the committe making the decision which wheels/colors/option are good for the American market...It is a never-ending battle.

The wheels you are going to get are the 17" THOR found as an option in the 2002 S60/V70 AWD.

Yannis

1 - 20 of 23 Posts